Is There a Leader in You?
- Describe the Qualities Senior Management Looks for in Candidates for Leadership Positions
- Explain What Followers Expect from Leaders
- Identify Your Major Strengths and Areas for Improvement as a Leader
- Describe the Importance of Trust and Its Effects on Followers
Your Leadership Style
- Identify the Four Leadership Styles
- Assess Your Leadership Style
- Develop the Most Effective Leadership Style for Your Position
What Do Leaders Talk About?
- Identify and Use Effective Communication Patterns
- Identify the Types of Subjects Leaders Discuss
- Create a Vision, Set Direction, and Give Instructions That Are Understood and Followed
- Explain the Benefits of Vision, Mission, and Values Statements That Are Thoroughly Implemented
- Project the Image and Speak the Language of a Leader
What Is Your Leadership Image?
Project the Image of a Leader
How Can You Build Your Influence and Power?
- Describe Ways That Leaders Can Build Their Power and Influence
- Expand Your Power Network By Developing Key Relationships
- Understand Precautions to Take in Exercising Power and Influence
How Should You Handle Organizational Politics?
- Differentiate Between Good Politics and Bad Politics
- Explain Why Leaders Must Understand and Participate in Organizational Politics
- Describe How Leaders Develop and Advance Their Leadership Agenda
- Explain Strategies for Getting Others to Support Your Agenda
- Cope with and Survive the Agendas of Adversaries
How Can You Motivate People?
- Explain the Things That Really Motivate People
- List the Factors That Make People Act the Way They Do
- Explain How to Handle Former Peers Who Resist Your Authority
Describe How to Handle Difficult People