ATC-5GTRS - 5G Technologies - Radio frequencies/Satellite communications
An in-depth understanding of the wireless channel and the related impairments (multipath, fading), small-scale and large-scale propagation effects ,Understanding of the design of cellular systems, detailed discussion of Multiple Access (TDMA/CDMA/OFDM), Antenna diversity, MIMO, Wireless Channel Capacity, Computer simulations of wireless systems, Exposure to current and emerging wireless and cellular systems. (LTE, 802.11)
Please refer to course overview
You don't need to have any pre-requisite qualifications to take this course, although a basic understanding of wireless and mobile communication system will be beneficial.
Overview of wireless communications and systems.
- Review of digital communications.
- Cellular systems from 1G to 3G.
- Wireless 4G systems.
- Wireless 5G systems.
Radio propagation and propagation path-loss model.
- Free-space attenuation. Multipath channel characteristics.
- Signal fading statistics.
- Path-loss models.
Fundamentals of cellular communications.
- Hexagonal cell geometry.
- Co-channel interference.
- Cellular system design.
- Sectoring using directional antennas.
Multiple access techniques.
- Frequency division multiple access (FDMA).
- Time division multiple access (TDMA).
- Code division multiple access (CDMA).
- Space division multiple access (SDMA).
- Orthogonal frequency division multiplexing (OFDM).
- Multicarrier CDMA (MC-CDMA).
- Random access methods.
Wide-area wireless networks (WANs).
- GSM — IS-136.
Long Term Evolution Technologies (LTE).
- MIMO channels.
- Space Time Codes.
- LTE Advanced.
Other Wireless systems IEEE 802.11 WLAN (WiFi).
Closing and Remarks.
Trainocate Certificate of Attendance