1. Course Introduction
- Introductions and course logistics
- Overview of modules and course objectives
- Resources and references
- Learning paths and certifications
2. NSX-T Data Center Architecture
- Review of Virtual Cloud Network Framework
- Recap of NSX-T Data Center architecture and components
3. Approach to Troubleshooting
- Develop a structured approach to troubleshooting
- Differentiate between symptoms and root causes
- Identify and isolate problems residing in various areas
- Apply an appropriate methodology and procedure to troubleshooting
4. Troubleshooting the NSX Management Cluster
- Describe the NSX Management cluster architecture, components, and communication channels.
- Identify the workflows involved in configuring the NSX Management cluster.
- Validate and troubleshoot the NSX Management Cluster formation
5. Troubleshooting Infrastructure Preparation
- Explain and troubleshoot ESXiTM Transport Node preparation issues.
- Explain and troubleshoot KVM Transport Node preparation issues.
- Explain and troubleshoot NSX Edge Transport Node preparation issues.
6. Troubleshooting Logical Switching
- Understand the architecture of Logical Switching
- List the modules and processes involved in configuring Logical Switching
- Explain the importance of N-VDS in Transport Nodes
- Explain the GENEVE protocol and GENEVE header format
- Review the architecture and workflows involved in configuring OVS
- Identify and troubleshoot common Logical Switching issues.
7. Troubleshooting Logical Routing
- Review the architecture of Logical Routing and NSX Edge nodes
- Explain the workflows involved in the configuration of Tier-0 and Tier-1 Gateways.
- Explain the HA modes and logical router placements.
- Identify and troubleshoot common Logical Routing issues.
8. Troubleshooting Load Balancing
- Review of Load Balancer architecture and components
- Identify and troubleshoot common Load Balancing issues.
9. Troubleshooting Security
- Review the architecture of Distributed Firewall
- Explain the workflows involved in configuring Distributed Firewall
- Review the architecture of Gateway Firewall
- Explain the workflows involved in configuring Gateway Firewall
- Identify and troubleshoot common Distributed Firewall and Gateway Firewall issues.
10. NSX-T Data Center Operations and Tools
- Review and perform the backup and restore of the NSX-T Data Center environment
- Explain and validate the native troubleshooting tools (dashboards, traceflow, port connection tool, port mirroring) involved in troubleshooting the NSX-T Data Center environment
- Configure syslog, IPFIX, and log collections for the NSX-T Data Center environment
- Validate and review the APIs methods available to configure the NSX-T Data Center environment
11. NSX-T Data Center Upgrade
- Identify the proper sequence of steps to upgrade NSX-T Data Center
- Describe the necessary pre-upgrade and port-upgrade checks
- Understand the Upgrade Coordinator architecture
- Review and troubleshoot the upgrade process for NSX-T Data Center Environment
12. Datapath Walk-Through
- Describe the components involved in the NSX-T Data Center Datapath
- Verify and validate the path of the packet on the NSX-T Datapath
- Identify and perform packet captures at various points in Datapath
- Use nsxcli to retrieve several configurations involved in NSX-T Datapath