VMware Cloud Automation: Design and Deploy [V7.1]
This five-day course focuses on designing and deploying an enterprise cloud by using a distributed architecture deployment of VMware vRealize® Automation™. The lecture and labs concentrate on designing an enterprise cloud architecture and the effective implementation of a vRealize Automation distributed deployment according to VMware recommended best practices.
- Apply enterprise design principles
- Design and deploy a tiered VMware vSphere® resource architecture for CPU, storage, and network resources, including VMware NSX®
- Design and deploy a vRealize Automation distributed infrastructure for an enterprise cloud
- Design and deploy a CA certificate/single sign-on architecture that includes Active Directory integration to support the enterprise cloud infrastructure
- Design and deploy an administration architecture of roles for an enterprise cloud
- Design and deploy a tenant-and-business group architecture for an enterprise cloud
- Design and deploy compute resources, reservation policies, network profiles, and reservations to support your enterprise cloud
- Use XaaS to extend vRealize Automation into other enterprise systems
- Integrate vRealize Automation with IP address management systems and asset management systems
- Describe VMware vCloud® Air™ integration for elastic clouds
- Describe the location and identity of all log files that relate to vRealize Automation troubleshooting
- Use VMware vRealize® Log Insight™ to manage and monitor distributed vRealize Automation deployments
Module 1: Course Introduction
- Introductions and course logistics.
- Course objectives.
Module 2: Enterprise Design Principles
- Create a design foundation for an enterprise cloud by identifying business requirements, typical business solutions, constraints, assumptions, and risks.
- Create a conceptual design for an enterprise cloud.
- Create a logical design for an enterprise cloud.
- Use key enterprise design principles to create a vSphere infrastructure for the enterprise cloud.
Module 3: Security Infrastructure
- Design a certificate authority architecture.
- Create certificate signing requests for your vRealize Automation servers.
- Create certificates for your vRealize Automation servers.
- Use the VMware hardened virtual appliance.
- Use VMware Identity Manager™.
Module 4: vRealize Automation
- Distributed Architecture Design and deploy the vRealize Automation solution in a highly available, distributed architecture.
- Use vRealize Orchestrator in external and internal clusters.
- Use cloudutil.exe and skills to control which DEM servers are used with specific endpoints.
- Describe the proper configuration of NSX load balancers for a highly available, distributed architecture.
Module 5: Administration Role Architecture
- Design either an expanded administration role architecture or a compressed administration role architecture for an enterprise cloud.
Module 6: Tenants and Business Groups
- Design an optimum tenant and business group architecture for your enterprise cloud, using either a single-tenant or a multitenant model.
- Describe the use of vRealize CloudClient in a multitenancy context.
Module 7: Cloud Resource Design
- Design an enterprise cloud that is based on a multitiered architecture.
- Design naming standards in vRealize Automation to support your tenant-and-business group architecture.
- Use composite blueprints in an enterprise deployment.
- Use data center location in an enterprise deployment to control where systems are provisioned.
- Design a unified self-service catalog.
- Design service entitlements in an enterprise deployment.
- Design and use governance and approvals.
Module 8: Extensibility and the Enterprise
- Describe vCloud Air and elastic clouds.
- Describe the role of vRealize Orchestrator in vRealize Automation extensibility.
- Use IaaS extensibility and the vRealize Automation event broker system.
- Extend vRealize Automation to an asset management system.
- Extend vRealize Automation to an IP address management system.
- Use NSX on-demand components.
Module 9: Enterprise Management
- Use VMware vRealize® Operations Manager™ and the vRealize Automation management pack.
- Use vRealize Log Insight in vRealize Automation enterprise management.
- Manage costs.
- Manage resource use.
- Replace expired security certificates.
Experienced system administrators, cloud administrators, system integrators, and deployment consultants
This class requires understanding the concepts and topics presented in the following courses:
- VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage
- VMware vRealize Automation: Install, Configure, Manage
Show Schedule for: