Module 1: Course Introduction
- Introductions and course logistics.
- Course objectives.
Module 2: Enterprise Design Principles
- Create a design foundation for an enterprise cloud by identifying business requirements, typical business solutions, constraints, assumptions, and risks.
- Create a conceptual design for an enterprise cloud.
- Create a logical design for an enterprise cloud.
- Use key enterprise design principles to create a vSphere infrastructure for the enterprise cloud.
Module 3: Security Infrastructure
- Design a certificate authority architecture.
- Create certificate signing requests for your vRealize Automation servers.
- Create certificates for your vRealize Automation servers.
- Use the VMware hardened virtual appliance.
- Use VMware Identity Manager™.
Module 4: vRealize Automation
- Distributed Architecture Design and deploy the vRealize Automation solution in a highly available, distributed architecture.
- Use vRealize Orchestrator in external and internal clusters.
- Use cloudutil.exe and skills to control which DEM servers are used with specific endpoints.
- Describe the proper configuration of NSX load balancers for a highly available, distributed architecture.
Module 5: Administration Role Architecture
- Design either an expanded administration role architecture or a compressed administration role architecture for an enterprise cloud.
Module 6: Tenants and Business Groups
- Design an optimum tenant and business group architecture for your enterprise cloud, using either a single-tenant or a multitenant model.
- Describe the use of vRealize CloudClient in a multitenancy context.
Module 7: Cloud Resource Design
- Design an enterprise cloud that is based on a multitiered architecture.
- Design naming standards in vRealize Automation to support your tenant-and-business group architecture.
- Use composite blueprints in an enterprise deployment.
- Use data center location in an enterprise deployment to control where systems are provisioned.
- Design a unified self-service catalog.
- Design service entitlements in an enterprise deployment.
- Design and use governance and approvals.
Module 8: Extensibility and the Enterprise
- Describe vCloud Air and elastic clouds.
- Describe the role of vRealize Orchestrator in vRealize Automation extensibility.
- Use IaaS extensibility and the vRealize Automation event broker system.
- Extend vRealize Automation to an asset management system.
- Extend vRealize Automation to an IP address management system.
- Use NSX on-demand components.
Module 9: Enterprise Management
- Use VMware vRealize® Operations Manager™ and the vRealize Automation management pack.
- Use vRealize Log Insight in vRealize Automation enterprise management.
- Manage costs.
- Manage resource use.
- Replace expired security certificates.