CL310 - Red Hat OpenStack Administration III: Networking & Foundations of NFV
Manage Red Hat OpenStack networking for performance tuning
Red Hat OpenStack Administration III: Networking & Foundations of NFV (CL310) teaches network engineers, network operators, cloud operators, and cloud administrators how to manage and tune Red Hat® OpenStack Platform for network performance.
This course can also help you prepare for the Red Hat Certified Specialist in Edge Computing and Networking exam (EX310).
This offering is based on Red Hat OpenStack version 10.0 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.4.
Impact on the organization
Impact on the individual
- This course is intended to develop the skills needed to design and configure OpenStack for high-performance networking environments. These skills are suitable for organizations seeking to virtualize their network infrastructure and to provide rapid implementation, innovation, and scaling for both core networking and end-to-end consumer services.
- Network virtualization eliminates capital expenditures for dedicated, limited-capability hardware requiring labor-intensive maintenance, operating procedures, and physical expansion. Instead, network virtualization provides scalable, automated, resilient core and custom service deployment, resulting in significant operational efficiencies, resource pooling, global service provider interoperability, and accurate demand-matched utilization.
- This course includes recommended practices for high-performance throughput and utilization for both infrastructure resources and deployed services in a dynamically scalable and distributable modular configuration.
- As a result of attending this course, you should be able to design and tune a Red Hat® OpenStack Platform environment meeting the high-network performance requirements of your organization.
You should be able to demonstrate these skills:
Design and implement high-performing software-defined networks.
Provide higher-performing networks using enhanced platform awareness (EPA), Open vSwitch Data Plane Development Kit (OVS-DPDK), and network functions virtualization (NFV).
This course is designed for network engineers, network operators, cloud administrators, and cloud operators.
Manage networks in Linux
Manage OpenStack networking agents
- Administer network interfaces, bridges, and virtual networking devices.
Deploy IPv6 networks
- Manage the L2, L3, DHCP, and other OpenStack networking agents.
Provision OpenStack networks
- Set up IPv6 networks in OpenStack.
Implement distributed virtual routing
- Provision tenant networks and provider networks.
Tune NFV performance
- Enable distributed virtual routing (DVR) to provide scaling and performance.
Implement NFV data paths
- Tune OpenStack networking performance.
Build software-defined networks with OpenDaylight
- Execute network functions virtualization (NFV) data paths.
Comprehensive review of Red Hat OpenStack Administration III
- Create software-defined networks with OpenDaylight (ODL).
- Configure advanced networking on Red Hat® OpenStack Platform
- Become a Red Hat® Certified System Administrator (RHCSA), or demonstrate equivalent experience
- Complete the Red Hat OpenStack Administration II: Day 2 Operations for Cloud Operators (EX210), or demonstrate equivalent experience
This course is not associated with any Certification.
Show Schedule for: