AD240 - Build and Administer APIs with Red Hat 3scale API Management
Introduction to building and managing APIs using standard practices with Red Hat 3scale API Management
Build and Administer APIs with Red Hat 3scale API Management (AD240) is a hands-on, lab-based course that gives developers and administrators an introduction to managing APIs with our technology. Red Hat® 3scale API Management enables developers and administrators to monetize, manage, and document APIs.
This course is based on Red Hat 3scale API Management 2.4.
API management capabilities are becoming increasingly important as companies begin to use application programming interfaces to provide direct programmable access to their services, data, and processes. In this course, you will explore the features of Red Hat 3scale API Management and learn to create and manage a developer portal with these features:
Through your understanding of these features and others, you will find out how 3scale API Management plays a critical role in digital transformation and agile integration practices.
- End-user signup flows
- ActiveDocs documentation
- Custom workflows
- Rate limits
- SOAP and ODATA web services
APIs have been driven to the forefront of software development through digital transformation, microservice architectures, and agile development practices. Forrester estimates that 40% of U.S. companies will have API management solutions by 2020. Platforms like Red Hat 3scale API Management allow organizations to easily increase customer value with APIs. This course develops the skills needed to produce secure, scalable, and reliable APIs that are managed by 3scale API Management.
- Impact on the organization
As a result of attending this course, you will understand the architecture and features of 3scale API Management and will be able to demonstrate these skills:
- Create, manage, and monetize APIs.
- Establish and configure API subscription plans.
- Configure and test API management integration.
- Configure rate limits for APIs.
- API developers interested in using 3scale API Management for API billing and enabling security and access control features
- System architects and administrators who want to create a portal for monetizing their APIs
- 3scale API Management solution overview
- API strategies
- Architecture and deployment options
- OpenShift architecture and concepts
- Basic API management configuration
- Set up developer portal
- Set up Red Hat SSO integration
- Set up API billing
- Define webhooks
- 3scale Platform REST API
- Familiarity with APIs and testing APIs
- Familiarity with containers and Red Hat® OpenShift is helpful, but not required
This course not associated with any Certification.
Show Schedule for: