Red Hat OpenShift Development II: Creating Microservices with Red Hat OpenShift Application Runtimes (DO292) introduces you to three runtimes: WildFly Swarm, Vert.x, and Spring Boot. This course is an intensive, hands-on programming experience in which you will develop multiple microservices using the three runtimes and deploy them on a Red Hat® OpenShift Container Platform cluster.
This course is based on Red Hat® Enterprise Linux 7.5 and OpenShift Container Platform 3.9.
Like members of many organizations, you may be interested in or are already employing microservice architectures. We have introduced solutions to ease the on-ramp for the creation and deployment of microservices through its developer programs and Red Hat® OpenShift Application Runtimes.
1. Deploy microservices to an OpenShift cluster Deploy an application based on a microservice architecture to an OpenShift cluster.
2. Deploy microservices with the WildFly Swarm runtime
Develop and deploy a microservice using the WildFly Swarm runtime.
3. Develop microservices with the Vert.x runtime
Develop and deploy a microservice using the Vert.x runtime.
4. Develop microservices with the Spring Boot runtime
Develop and deploy a microservice using the Spring Boot runtime.
5. Develop an API gateway
Develop and deploy an API gateway using the WildFly Swarm runtime.
6. Implement fault tolerance with Hystrix
Administer fault tolerance in a series of microservices using the Hystrix libraries.