DO180 - Introduction to Containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift
Introduction to Containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift (DO180) helps you build core knowledge in managing containers through hands-on experience with containers, Kubernetes, and the Red Hat® OpenShift® Container Platform. These skills are needed for multiple roles, including developers, administrators, and site reliability engineers.
- Understand container and OpenShift architecture.
- Create containerized services.
- Manage containers and container images.
- Create custom container images.
- Deploy containerized applications on Red Hat OpenShift.
- Deploy multi-container applications.
- Developers who wish to containerize software applications
- Administrators who are new to container technology and container orchestration
- Architects who are considering using container technologies in software architectures
- Site reliability engineers who are considering using Kubernetes and Red Hat OpenShift
1. Introduce container technology
Describe how software can run in containers orchestrated by Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
2. Create containerized services
Provision a server using container technology.
3. Manage containers
Manipulate pre-built container images to create and manage containerized services.
4. Manage container images
Govern the life cycle of a container image from creation to deletion.
5. Create custom container images
Design and code a Docker file to build a custom container image.
6. Deploy containerized applications on Red Hat OpenShift
Use single container applications on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
7. Deploy multi-container applications
Set up applications that are containerized using multiple container images.
8. Troubleshoot containerized applications
Regulate a containerized application deployed on Red Hat OpenShift.
9. Comprehensive review of curriculum
Demonstrate how to containerize a software application, test it with Podman, and deploy it on a Red Hat OpenShift cluster.
- Be able to use a Linux terminal session, issue operating system commands, and be familiar with shell scripting
- Have experience with web application architectures and their corresponding technologies
- Being a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA®) is recommended, but not required
Preliminary Exam in Containers, Kubernetes, & Openshift Exam-PE180
Show Schedule for: