D87475 - Oracle Database 12c: Clusterware & RAC Admin Accelerated
This Oracle Database 12c: Clusterware & RAC Admin Accelerated training covers 8 days worth of content in only 5 days. It starts with the Oracle Database 12c: Clusterware Administration course (4 days) and then covers the Oracle RAC database architecture (4 days); learn how these products work together. In this course, you will be introduced to Oracle Database Exadata Cloud Service.
- Perform Grid Infrastructure pre-installation tasks.
- Install both Standard and Flex clusters.
- Add and remove nodes from a cluster in addition to upgrading and patching existing Grid Homes.
- Manage and administer both Standard Clusters and Policy-Managed Clusters.
- Use Oracle Clusterware to make applications highly available.
- Install Oracle RAC software.
- Create cluster databases.
- Administer both administrator and policy-managed Oracle RAC databases.
- Monitor and address performance issues.
- Learn about services in a RAC environment as well as highly available connection features including Application Continuity and Transaction Guard.
- Create and administer a RAC One Node Database.
- Create and manage multi tenant RAC databases.
- Gain an understanding of the Oracle Database Exadata Cloud Service.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Configure the RAC database to use ARCHIVELOG mode and the fast recovery area
- Configure RMAN for the RAC environment
- Gain an understanding of the Oracle Database Exadata Cloud Service
- Understand effect of node failure in Flex Clusters
- Understand the scope and capabilities of what-if command evaluation
- Perform the different types of what-if command evaluation
- Install Grid Infrastructure for Standard and Flex clusters
- Configure ASM disk groups
- Perform the prerequisite steps for extending a cluster
- Describe the benefits of Oracle RAC
- Convert a single-instance Oracle database to RACs
- Understand Flex Clusters architecture and components
- Define redo log files in a RAC environment
- Define undo tablespaces in a RAC environment
- Start and stop RAC databases and instances
- Modify initialization parameters in a RAC environment
- Database Administrators
- Support Engineer
- Technical Consultant
- Technical Administrator
- Module 1: Introduction to Grid Infrastructure
- Module 2: Oracle Clusterware Architecture
- Module 3: Flex Cluster Architecture
- Module 4: Grid Infrastructure Pre-Installation Tasks
- Module 5: Installing Grid Infrastructure
- Module 6: Managing Cluster Nodes
- Module 7: Traditional Clusterware Management
- Module 8: Policy-Based Cluster Management
- Module 9: Patching Grid Infrastructure
- Module 10: Troubleshooting Oracle Clusterware
- Module 11: Making Applications Highly Available
- Module 12: RAC Databases Overview & Architecture
- Module 13: Installing and Configuring Oracle RAC
- Module 14: Oracle RAC Administration
- Module 15: RRAC Backup and Recovery
- Module 16: RAC Global Resource Management and Cache Fusion
- Module 17: RAC Monitoring and Tuning
- Module 18: Managing High Availability of Services in a RAC Environment
- Module 19: Upgrading and Patching RAC
- Module 20: Application Continuity
- Module 21: Design for High Availability
- Module 22: Oracle Database Exadata Cloud Service Overview
- Oracle Database 12c: Oracle Automatic Storage Management Administration
- Working knowledge of Oracle Database 11g: Release 2, including Clusterware, ASM and RAC or
- Working knowledge of Oracle Database 11g: Release 2, including Clusterware, ASM and RAC
- Oracle Database 12c: Grid Infrastructure Administration
- Oracle Database 11g: RAC Administration Release 2
- Oracle Grid Infrastructure 11g: Manage Clusterware and ASM – Release 2
This course is not associated with any Certification.
Show Schedule for: