D85572 - Oracle Database 12c: Implement Partitioning
This Oracle Database 12c: Implement Partitioning training teaches you how to manage partitioning using Oracle Database 12c. Expert Oracle University instructors will demonstrate the benefits of partitioning for different types of workloads and learn the syntax for partitioning maintenance operations. In this course, you will be introduced to Oracle Database Cloud Service.
- Apply partitioning strategies to enhance application performance.
- Use partitioning techniques to reduce impact of table and index maintenance.
- Use partitioning to decrease the time to refresh materialized views.
- Partition lob segments, nested tables and object tables.
- Understand the Oracle Partitioning methods for tables, index and materialized views available in Oracle Database 12c Release 1.
- Gain an understanding of the Oracle Database Cloud Service.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Choose appropriate partition attributes for various application requirements
- Understand partitioning options with other database features
- Describe Oracle Enterprise Manager support of partitioned objects
- Describe the partitioning architecture, uses, and advantages
- Describe the partition types supported by the Oracle RDBMS
- List all of the options for creating partition tables
- Create partitioned tables
- Describe the table and index partition relationships
- List all the options of partitioned indexes
- Create partitioned indexes
- List all of the alterable partitioned table and index attributes
- Describe the overhead associated with each maintenance command
- Use the data dictionary to verify partitioning structure
- Create Materialized Views that are partitioned
- Explain the benefits of partitioning materialized views
- Gain an understanding of the Oracle Database Cloud Service
- Database Administrators
- Database Designers
- Systems Architects
- Module 1: Partitioning Concepts
- Module 2: Implementing Partitioned Tables
- Module 3: Implementing Partitioned Indexes
- Module 4: Maintenance of Partitioned Tables and Indexes
- Module 5: Partitioning Administration and Usage
- Module 6: Partitioning and Workload Types
- Module 7: Oracle Database Cloud Service: Overview
- SQL Fundamentals
- Basic SQL Tuning
- Basic Database Administration
- Oracle Database 12c R2: Administration Workshop Ed 3
- Basic Data Modeling and Relational Database Design
- Basic knowledge of Data Warehousing Design
- Oracle Database: SQL Tuning for Developers
This course is not associated with any Certification.
Show Schedule for: