D90836 - Oracle Database Security: Preventive Controls
In the Oracle Database Security: Preventive Controls course, students learn how they can use Oracle Database Security products and technologies to meet the security, privacy and compliance requirements of their organization.
The current regulatory environment of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, HIPAA, the UK Data Protection Act, and others, requires better security at the database level. Students learn how to secure the access to their databases and how to use the Oracle Database Security products and technologies that enhance data access and confidentiality. The course provides suggested Oracle solutions for common problems.
- Choose Oracle Database Security products and technologies to meet security requirements.
- Secure the database access by database or enterprise users with basic or strong authentication such as SSL, Kerberos and Radius.
- Protect against database bypass by using Transparent Database Encryption.
- Use Oracle Wallets and Oracle Key Vault to manage encryption keys.
- Discover sensitive columns such as Credit Card Numbers by using Application Data Modeling.
- Minimize sensitive data proliferation to test/dev environments by using Data Masking.
- Minimize storage costs in test/dev environments by using Data Subsetting.
- Reduce sensitive data exposure in applications by using Data Redaction.
- Understand and use Oracle Database Vault.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Configure and use Transparent Data Encryption
- Understand and use Oracle Key Vault
- Understand Oracle Data Redaction
- Understand and use Oracle Data Masking and Subsetting
- Understand security risks and identify appropriate Oracle solutions
- Configure general authentication and authorization
- Understand and implement Global Users
- Set up and maintain a simple wallet
- Install and use Oracle Database Vault
- Configure and use Transparent Sensitive Data Protection
Module 1: Introduction
Module 2: Using Basic and Strong User Authentication
Module 3: Configuring Global User Authentication
Module 4: Using Proxy Authentication
Module 5: Encryption Concepts and Solutions
Module 6: Using Built-In Encryption in Applications
Module 7: Using Transparent Data Encryption (TDE)
Module 8: Database Storage Security
Module 9: Introduction to Oracle Key Vault
Module 10: Installing Oracle Key Vault
Module 11: Using Oracle Key Vault
Module 12: Administering Oracle Key Vault
Module 13: Automated Sensitive Data Discovery
Module 14: Oracle Data Masking and Subsetting overview
Module 15: Masking Sensitive Data in Non-Production Environments
Module 16: Subsetting Data
Module 17: Managing Data Masking and Subsetting
Module 18: Oracle Advanced Security – Data Redaction
Module 19: Oracle Transparent Sensitive Data Protection (TSDP)
Module 20: Oracle Database Vault Overview
Module 21: Configuring Database Vault
Module 22: Analyzing Privileges
- Database Administrators
- System Analysts
- Support Engineer
- Security Administrators
- Network Administrator
- Create and manage users, roles, and privileges
- Create and manage tables and tablespaces
- Create PL/SQL procedures
- Oracle Database 12c R2: Administration Workshop Ed 3
- Introduction to Oracle Database Security Ed 1
- Use Oracle Data Pump export and import and Perform RMAN back
- Use Flashback Data Archive and Create PL/SQL procedures
- Familiarity with SQL*Plus, SQL*Developer
- Familiarity with Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control
This course is not associated with any Certification.
Show Schedule for: