The Java SE 7: Develop Rich Client Applications training takes you through the process of designing a rich client application using Java SE 7 and Java FX 2. Using the Model-View-Controller (MVC) pattern and a case study approach, you’ll learn to analyze, design and develop the user interface, connect the user interface to a database and finally connect the user interface to a RESTful web service.
- Create a graphical user interface using Java FX.
- Connect a Java FX GUI to database using JPA.
- Connect a Java FX GUI to a RESTful web service.
- Package and deploy a Java FX application.
- Sign a Java FX application.
- connect their application to a RESTful web service using JAX-RS and the Jersey API.