D67230 - Java SE 7: Develop Rich Client Applications
The Java SE 7: Develop Rich Client Applications training takes you through the process of designing a rich client application using Java SE 7 and Java FX 2. Using the Model-View-Controller (MVC) pattern and a case study approach, you’ll learn to analyze, design and develop the user interface, connect the user interface to a database and finally connect the user interface to a RESTful web service.
- Create a graphical user interface using Java FX.
- Connect a Java FX GUI to database using JPA.
- Connect a Java FX GUI to a RESTful web service.
- Package and deploy a Java FX application.
- Sign a Java FX application.
- connect their application to a RESTful web service using JAX-RS and the Jersey API.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Implement a rich client application (RIA) from the ground up
- Create a JavaFX GUI using controls, layouts, charts, smart tables, and CSS
- Implement event handling in a JavaFX application
- Use JavaFX visual effects, animations, media, and a web view control in a JavaFX application
- Implement concurrency and binding to a JavaFX application
- Leverage Java Persistence API (JPA) in a Java SE application
- Create two-tier and three-tier Java technology applications
- Connect your application to a REST web service
- Package and deploy a Java SE application
- Secure a Java SE application
- Sign a Java SE application
- Implement the Logging API to generate log messages in GUI
- Implement unit testing using JUnit
- Apply Model View Controller (MVC) design pattern to create reusable classes
- Module 1: Introduction
- Module 2: The Broker Tool Application
- Module 3: JavaFX Overview
- Module 4: Generics and JavaFX Collections
- Module 5: UI Controls, Layouts, Charts, and CSS
- Module 6: Visual Effects, Animation, Web View, and Media
- Module 7: JavaFX Tables and Client GUI
- Module 8: JavaFX Concurrency and Binding
- Module 9: Java Persistence API (JPA)
- Module 10: Applying the JPA
- Module 11: Implementing a Multi-Tier Design with RESTful Web Services
- Module 12: Connecting to a RESTful Web Service
- Module 13: Packaging and Deploying Applications
- Module 14: Developing Secure Applications
- Module 15: Signing an Application and Authentication
- Module 16: Logging
- Module 17: Implementing Unit Testing and Using Version Control
- Application Developers
- Java Developers
- Java EE Developers
- Java SE7 Fundamentals
- Java SE 7 Programming
This course is not associated with any Certification.
Show Schedule for: