Students learn how to use Oracle Database automatic tuning features such as SQL Tuning Advisor, SQL Access Advisor, Automatic Workload Repository and Automatic Database Diagnostic Monitor, and practice these tuning methods. The course focuses on the tuning tasks expected of a DBA: reactive tuning of SQL statements, maintaining SQL statement and operation performance, and tuning the Oracle Database Instance components.
- Use the Oracle tuning methodology
- Use Oracle-supplied tools for monitoring and diagnosing SQL and instance tuning issues
- Use database advisors to proactively correct performance problems
- Identify problem SQL statements
- Tune SQL performance problems
- Monitor instance performance by using Enterprise Manager
- Tune instance components by primarily using instance parameters