Advanced Administration & Performance Management 5.5
This course features comprehensive coverage of performance management for Nutanix clusters and details how to optimize performance, fix issues that slow down your system, and improve datacenter performance. You’ll learn through hands-on labs how to monitor system performance as well as performance tuning. Also covered is advanced networking and storage to help optimize datacenter administration.
This course explains in detail how to use the major Acropolis services such as Acropolis Block Services (ABS) and Acropolis File Services (AFS). The course also explains how to define and manage assets and applications using Calm, including how to connect to clouds, automation of the Life Cycle Management (LCM) application, and how to implement and configure Self Service Portal and governance.
You will learn how to take advantage of Flash mode to improve system performance, as well as how to effectively clone and delete VMs, move them between storage containers, and how to manage VMs (tagging, sizing, migration).
This course also covers Data Protection solutions such as Cloud Connect and Metro Availability with Witness. Advanced management using the new features of Prism Central and the command line are also covered in exhaustive detail. This includes how to take advantage of machine learning with entity management and resource optimization as well as how to plan for future growth using Scenario Management.
- Monitor datacenter performance and manage components to optimize system performance.
- Set up and configure advanced VM administration features such as:
o Self Service Restore
o Unattended installation and configuration of Nutanix Guest Tools (NGT)
o Working with Nutanix storage containers to delete and move
o Cloud Connect
- Implement advanced solutions for business continuity and data protection in Nutanix datacenters such as:
o Metro Availability
o Advanced API
o REST API V3
- Configure advanced networking features including:
o Bridge and uplink management
o Load balancing across multiple NICs
o Network visualization
o Physical switch configuration using Spanning Tree and Link Aggregation
- Customize Nutanix security features such as: o Creating and installing SSH keys for Prism lockdown
o Reviewing audit logs,
o Two-factor authentication oUsing Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
- Manage Acropolis File Services (AFS) and Acropolis Block Services (ABS)
- Use Prism Central to: o Identify and fix cluster health problems
o Exploit machine learning for entity management and resource optimization
o Plan for future growth
o Manage assets and applications using Calm, Life Cycle Management (LCM), and Self-service Portal
- Practice advanced datacenter management procedures using hands-on labs.
- Get the most out of Nutanix systems by maximizing configuration and operation for peak efficiency.
- Protect intellectual property and company data to guarantee business continuity with a complete advanced data protection strategy.
- Validate your new skills by preparing for and completing the Nutanix Certified Advanced Professional (NCAP) certification (in development).
Module 1: Administering Advanced Virtual Machine Deployments
Module 2: Implementing Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
Module 3: Configuring Advanced Networking
Module 4: Enabling and Customizing Security Services
Module 5: Managing Acropolis File and Block Services
Module 6: Administering Prism Central and Prism Pro
Module 7: Managing and Optimizing Performance
Module 8: Utilizing Advanced Management Interfaces
IT administrators, architects, and business leaders who already manage Nutanix clusters in the datacenter, but who would like more in-depth knowledge of Nutanix datacenter administration.
Anyone seeking preparation for the Nutanix Certified Advanced Professional (NCAP) certification (in development).
- Nutanix Enterprise Cloud Administration 5.5 (ECA 5.5) classroom training or NCP Certification
- Basic knowledge of Nutanix datacenter administration techniques
- Familiarity with traditional virtualization storage architectures
- Comfort with UNIX/Linux command line interface
Show Schedule for: