Microsoft® Word enables you to do far more than simple word processing. Word includes advanced image manipulation tools, collaboration features, cross-referencing and linking tools, entry forms and data collection, security features, and tools to automate document production.
This course covers Microsoft Office Specialist Program exam objectives to help you prepare for the Word Associate (Office 365 and Office 2019): Exam MO-100 and Word Expert (Office 365 and Office 2019): Exam MO-101 certifications
In this course, you will learn to use the advanced capabilities of Word 2019.
- Use images in a document.
- Create custom graphic elements.
- Collaborate on documents.
- Add reference marks and notes.
- Secure a document.
- Create and manipulate forms.
- Create macros to automate tasks.
This course is intended for students who want to use more advanced functionalities in Word, including image manipulation, collaboration and revision tracking, cross-referencing and linking, document security, forms, and process automation through macros.
Lesson 1: Manipulating Images
Lesson 2: Using Custom Graphic Elements
- Topic A: Integrate Pictures and Text
- Topic B: Adjust Image Appearance
- Topic C: Insert Other Media Elements
Lesson 3: Collaborating on Documents
- Topic A: Create Text Boxes and Pull Quotes
- Topic B: Add WordArt and Other Text Effects
- Topic C: Draw Shapes
- Topic D: Create Complex Illustrations with SmartArt
Lesson 4: Adding Document References and Links
- Topic A: Prepare a Document for Collaboration
- Topic B: Mark Up a Document
- Topic C: Review Markups
- Topic D: Merge Changes from Other Documents
Lesson 5: Securing a Document
- Topic A: Add Captions
- Topic B: Add Cross-References
- Topic C: Add Bookmarks
- Topic D: Add Hyperlinks
- Topic E: Insert Footnotes and Endnotes
- Topic F: Add Citations and a Bibliography
Lesson 6: Using Forms to Manage Content
- Topic A: Suppress Information
- Topic B: Set Formatting and Editing Restrictions
- Topic C: Restrict Document Access
- Topic D: Add a Digital Signature to a Document
Lesson 7: Automating Repetitive Tasks with Macros
- Topic A: Create Forms
- Topic B: Modify Forms
Appendix A: Mapping Course Content to Word Associate (Office 365 and Office 2019): Exam MO-100
- Topic A: Automate Tasks by Using Macros
- Topic B: Create a Macro
Appendix B: Mapping Course Content to Word Expert (Office 365 and Office 2019): Exam MO-101
Appendix C: Microsoft® Office Word 2019 Common Keyboard Shortcuts
To ensure your success, you should have end-user skills with any current version of Windows®, including being able to start programs, switch between programs, locate saved files, close programs, and access websites using a web browser. In addition, you should be able to navigate and perform common tasks in Word, such as opening, viewing, editing, and saving documents; formatting text and paragraphs; formatting the overall appearance of a page; and creating lists and tables.
To meet this prerequisite, you can take any one or more of the following Logical Operations courses:
- Using Microsoft® Windows® 10
- Microsoft® Office Word 2019: Part 1
- Microsoft® Office Word 2019: Part 2
This course js not associated with any Certification.
Show Schedule for: