AZ-203T01-A - Develop Azure Infrastructure as a Service compute solutions teaches you
Module 1: Implement solutions that use virtual machines
Students will learn how to properly plan for VM deployment. It covers VM creation by using the Azure Portal, PowerShell, and through code. It also covers creating and using ARM templates for repeatable deployments and how to use Azure Disk Encryption to secure information on the VM.
- Provision VMs
- Create ARM templates
- Configure Azure Disk Encryption for VMs
Module 2: Implement batch jobs by using Azure Batch Services
Azure Batch creates and manages a pool of compute nodes (virtual machines), installs the applications you want to run, and schedules jobs to run on the nodes.
- Azure Batch overview
- Run a batch job by using the Azure CLI and Azure Portal
- Run batch jobs by using code
- Manage batch jobs by using the Batch Service API
Module 3: Create containerized solutions
You can build and run modern, portable, microservices-based applications that benefit from Kubernetes orchestrating and managing the availability of those application components. Kubernetes supports both stateless and stateful applications as teams progress through the adoption of microservices-based applications.
- Create an Azure Managed Kubernetes Service (AKS) cluster
- Create container images for solutions
- Publish an image to the Azure Container Registry
- Run containers by using Azure Container Instance or AKS
AZ-203T02-A - Develop Azure Platform as a Service compute solutions teaches you
Module 1: Create App Service web apps
Azure App Service Web Apps (or just Web Apps) is a service for hosting web applications, REST APIs, and mobile back ends. Web Apps not only adds the power of Microsoft Azure to your application, such as security, load balancing, autoscaling, and automated management.
- Azure App Service core concepts
- Creating an Azure App Service web app
- Creating background tasks by using Web Jobs in Azure App Service
Module 2: Creating Azure App Service mobile apps
The Mobile Apps feature of Azure App Service gives enterprise developers and system integrators a mobile-application development platform that's highly scalable and globally available.
- Getting started with mobile apps in App Service
- Enable push notifications for your app
- Enable offline sync for your app
Module 3: Create Azure App Service API apps
This module covers how to create and document an Azure App Service API.
- Creating APIs
- Using Swagger to document an API
Module 4: Implement Azure Functions
Azure Functions is a solution for easily running small pieces of code, or "functions," in the cloud. You can write just the code you need for the problem at hand, without worrying about a whole application or the infrastructure to run it.
- Azure Functions overview
- Develop Azure Functions using Visual Studio
- Implement durable functions
AZ-203T03-A - Develop for Azure storage teaches you
Module 1: Develop solutions that use Azure Table storage
Azure Table storage is a service that stores structured NoSQL data in the cloud, providing a key/attribute store with a schemaless design. Because Table storage is schemaless, it's easy to adapt your data as the needs of your application evolve.
- Azure Table storage overview
- Authorization in Table storage
- Table service REST API
Module 2: Develop solutions that use Azure Cosmos DB storage
This module covers Azure Cosmos DB storage. It instructs students on how it works, how to manage containers and items, and create and update documents by using code.
- Azure Cosmos DB overview
- Managing containers and items
- Create and update documents by using code
Module 3: Develop solutions that use a relational database
SQL Database is a general-purpose relational database managed service in Microsoft Azure that supports structures such as relational data, JSON, spatial, and XML.
- Azure SQL overview
- Create, read, update, and delete database tables by using code
Module 4: Develop solutions that use Microsoft Azure Blob storage
Azure Blob storage is Microsoft's object storage solution for the cloud. Blob storage is optimized for storing massive amounts of unstructured data. Unstructured data is data that does not adhere to a particular data model or definition, such as text or binary data.
- Azure Blob storage overview
- Working with Azure Blob storage
AZ-203T04-A - Implement Azure security teaches you
Module 1: Implement authentication
Microsoft identity platform is an evolution of the Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) identity service and developer platform. It allows developers to build applications that sign in all Microsoft identities, get tokens to call Microsoft Graph, other Microsoft APIs, or APIs that developers have built.
- Microsoft identity platform
- Implement OAuth2 authentication
- Implement managed identities for Azure resources
- Implement authentication by using certificates, forms-based authentication, or tokens
- Implement multi-factor authentication
Module 2: Implement access control
This module covers claims-based and role-based access control.
- Claims-based authorization
- Role-based access control (RBAC) authorization
Module 3: Implement secure data solutions
This module covers securing data at rest and during transmission.
- Encryption options
- End-to-end encryption
- Implement Azure confidential computing
- Manage cryptographic keys in Azure Key Vault
AZ-203T05-A - Monitor, troubleshoot, and optimize Azure solutions teaches you
Module 1: Introduction to Azure Monitor
Azure Monitor is the central service that includes all of tools you need to monitor and optimize your solution.
- Overview of Azure Monitor
Module 2: Develop code to support scalability of apps and services
This module covers how applications scale and how to handle some troubleshooting.
- Implement autoscale
- Implement code that addresses singleton application instances
- Implement code that handles transient faults
Module 3: Instrument solutions to support monitoring and logging
This module covers adding code to your app to send the data to Azure Monitor.
- Configure instrumentation in an app or server by using Application Insights
- Analyze and troubleshoot solutions by using Azure Monitor
Module 4: Integrate caching and content delivery within solutions
This module shows students how to leverage Azure Cache for Redis and Azure CDNs to deliver assets to users more quickly.
- Azure Cache for Redis
- Develop for storage on CDNs
AZ-203T06-A - Connect to and consume Azure, and third-party, services teaches you
Module 1: Develop an App Service Logic App
Logic Apps helps you build solutions that integrate apps, data, systems, and services across enterprises or organizations by automating tasks and business processes as workflows. This module covers what they are and how to create them.
- Azure Logic Apps overview
- Create Logic Apps by using Visual Studio
- Create custom connectors for Logic Apps
- Create custom templates for Logic Apps
Module 2: Integrate Azure Search within solutions
Azure Search is a search-as-a-service cloud solution that gives developers APIs and tools for adding a rich search experience over private, heterogenous content in web, mobile, and enterprise applications. In this module students will learn how to integrate Azure Search in to their solutions.
- Create and query an Azure Search Index
- Full text search in Azure Search
Module 3: API Management
API Management (APIM) helps organizations publish APIs to external, partner, and internal developers to unlock the potential of their data and services.
- Introduction to the API Management service
- Securing your APIs
- Defining API policies
Module 4: Develop event-based solutions
This module covers developing event-based solutions in Azure by integrating Azure Event Grid, Event Hubs, and Notification Hubs in your applications.
- Implement solutions that use Azure Event Grid
- Implement solutions that use Azure Event Hubs
- Implement solutions that use Azure Notification Hubs
Module 5: Develop message-based solutions
Microsoft Azure Service Bus is a fully managed enterprise integration message broker. Service Bus is most commonly used to decouple applications and services from each other and is a reliable and secure platform for asynchronous data and state transfer. Azure Queue storage is a service for storing large numbers of messages that can be accessed from anywhere in the world via authenticated calls using HTTP or HTTPS.
- Implement solutions that use Azure Service Bus
- Implement solutions that use Azure Queue Storage queuesa