Module 1: Implement solutions that use virtual machines
Students will learn how to properly plan for VM deployment. It covers VM creation by using the Azure Portal, PowerShell, and through code. It also covers creating and using ARM templates for repeatable deployments and how to use Azure Disk Encryption to secure information on the VM.
- Provision VMs
- Create ARM templates
- Configure Azure Disk Encryption for VMs
Module 2: Implement batch jobs by using Azure Batch Services
Azure Batch creates and manages a pool of compute nodes (virtual machines), installs the applications you want to run, and schedules jobs to run on the nodes.
- Azure Batch overview
- Run a batch job by using the Azure CLI and Azure Portal
- Run batch jobs by using code
- Manage batch jobs by using the Batch Service API
Module 3: Create containerized solutions
You can build and run modern, portable, microservices-based applications that benefit from Kubernetes orchestrating and managing the availability of those application components. Kubernetes supports both stateless and stateful applications as teams progress through the adoption of microservices-based applications.
- Create an Azure Managed Kubernetes Service (AKS) cluster
- Create container images for solutions
- Publish an image to the Azure Container Registry
- Run containers by using Azure Container Instance or AKS