This workshop is part of a larger series of Workshops offered by Microsoft on the practice of Security. While it is not required that you have completed any of the other courses in the Security Workshop series before taking this workshop, it is highly recommended that you start with the first course in the series, Microsoft Security Workshop: Enterprise Security Fundamentals.
This workshop requires that you meet the following prerequisites:
In addition to their professional experience, students who take this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- Experience with Windows Client administration, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Basic experience and understanding of Windows networking technologies, to include Windows Firewall network setting, DNS, DHCP, WiFi, and cloud services concepts.
- Basic experience and understanding of Active Directory, including functions of a domain controller, sign on services, and an understanding of group policy.
- Knowledge of and relevant experience in systems administration, using Windows Server 2012 R2 and 2016.
- Learners who take this training can meet the prerequisites by obtaining equivalent knowledge and skills through practical experience as a Security Administrator, System Administrator, or a Network Administrator.
Windows PowerShell will be the tool of choice when implementing features in this course. Learners should have a good foundation in accessing and using simple Windows PowerShell commands. This knowledge can be obtained in INF210x, Windows PowerShell Basics on edx.org.