1: Getting started with Microsoft Azure
module introduces students to cloud services and the various Azure services. It
describes how to use the Azure portal to access and manage Azure services, and
to manage Azure subscription and billing.
- What is cloud computing?
- What is Azure?
- Managing Azure
- Subscription management, support, and billing
Lab : Using the Azure portals
- Customizing the Azure portal interface
- Viewing billing, usage, and quotas data
2: Microsoft Azure management tools
module explains Azure PowerShell and its use in managing Azure subscriptions.
It also describes how to use the Azure SDK and the Azure CLI to manage Azure
- What is Azure PowerShell?
- Azure SDK and Azure CLI
Lab : Using Microsoft Azure
- Using the Azure PowerShell modules
- Using the Azure CLI
3: Virtual machines in Microsoft Azure
module explains how to create and configure virtual machines in Azure and how
to manage disks for virtual machines.
- Creating and configuring Azure VMs
- Configuring Azure VM storage
Lab : Creating a VM in Azure
- Creating a VM from the Azure portal by using an Azure
- Verifying the functionality of the VM
- Configuring storage of a VM
4: Azure Web Apps
module explains how to create, configure, and monitor web apps in Azure.
- Creating and configuring Azure web apps
- Deploying and monitoring Azure web apps
Lab : Creating and managing
Azure web apps
- Creating and configuring an Azure web app
5: Implementing Azure networking
module explains how to create and implement Azure networks and how to use their
components to enhance the resiliency and availability of virtual machines.
- Getting started with Azure networking
- Getting started with Azure Load Balancer
Lab : Creating and configuring
- Creating a virtual network
- Creating an Azure load balancer
6: Introduction Azure Storage and Data Services
module explains the features and benefits of Azure storage and data services.
- Understanding Azure Storage options
- Creating and managing storage
- Understanding options for relational database deployments
- Creating and connecting to Azure SQL databases
Lab : Configuring Azure Storage
- Creating and configuring an Azure Storage account
- Creating and managing blobs
Lab : Creating a SQL Database
- Creating a new Azure SQL database in Azure and configuring
SQL Server firewall rules
- Managing content of an Azure SQL database by using SQL Server
7: Introduction to containers and serverless computing in Azure
module explains the options for implementing containers and describes the
serverless technologies available in Azure.
- Implementing Windows and Linux containers in Azure
- Introduction to Azure serverless computing
Lab : Implementing containers
on Azure VMs
- Implementing Docker hosts on Azure VMs
- Deploying containers to Azure VMs
- Deploying multi container applications with Docker Compose to
8: Configuring and managing Azure AD
module explains how to create users, domains, and directories in Azure AD,
integrate applications with Azure AD, and use Multi-Factor Authentication.
- Overview of Azure AD
- Manage Azure AD authentication and authorization
Lab : Create and manage Azure