Before attending this course, students must have:
- Experience managing Windows Server® 2003 or Window Server 2008 operating systems.
- Experience with Active Directory® Domain Services (AD DS).
- Fundamental knowledge of network technologies including Domain Name System (DNS) and firewall technologies.
- Experience managing backup and restore on Windows Servers.
- Experience using Windows management and monitoring tools such as Microsoft Management Console, Active Directory Users and Computers, Performance Monitor, Event Viewer, and Internet Information Services (IIS) Administrator.
- Experience using Windows networking and troubleshooting tools such as Network Monitor, Telnet, and NSLookup.
- Fundamental knowledge of certificates and Public Key Infrastructure (PKI).