ITILCSI - ITIL Lifecycle: Continual Service Improvement
The Continual Service Improvement (CSI) module is one of the certifications within the ITIL® Service Lifecycle work stream. This module focuses on the principles and techniques from the Continual Service Improvement stage of the ITIL Lifecycle, but does not go into detail about specific processes.
The CSI certification focuses on how organizations and individuals can strategically review the products and services they have produced following the strategy, design, transition and operation stages of the IT Service Lifecycle and offers guidance on how this process should be organized and executed. It also includes guidance on the tools and technology that can be used to support CSI activities as well as how to evaluate risks and critical success factors.
The course covers management and control of activities and techniques within the Continual Service Improvement phase of the ITIL Lifecycle, but it does not provide the full detail of each supporting process.
CSI practices can help businesses and projects continue to meet and adapt to the changing needs of end users as well as improving efficiencies and returns on investment for organizations.
This qualification presents a complete overview of CSI including all its related activities: to continually align and realign IT services to changing business needs by identifying and implementing improvements to IT services that support business processes. This qualification reviews improvement activities as they support the lifecycle approach through service strategy, service design, service transition and service operation.
Candidates can expect to gain competencies in the following upon successful completion of the education and examination components related to this certification:
- Introduction to CSI
- CSI principles
- CSI process
- CSI methods and techniques
- Organizing for CSI
- Technology considerations
- Implementing CSI
- Implementing CSI
- Challenges, critical success factors and risks
- Chief information officers (CIOs)
- Chief technology officers (CTOs)
- Supervisory staff
- Team leaders
- Service designers
- IT architects
- IT planners
- IT consultants
- IT audit managers
- IT security managers
- Service test managers and ITSM trainers.
- Individuals who require a detailed understanding of the ITIL CSI phase of the ITIL service lifecycle and how it may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service provision within an organization
- IT professionals working within, or about to enter, a CSI environment and requiring a detailed understanding of the processes, functions and activities involved
- Individuals who have attained the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management and wish to advance to higher level ITIL certifications
- Individuals seeking the ITIL Expert Certificate in IT Service Management for which this qualification can be one of the prerequisite modules •Individuals seeking progress toward the ITIL Master Certificate in IT Service Management for which the ITIL Expert is a prerequisite.
- Module 1: Introduction to continual service improvement
- Module 2: Continual service improvement principles
- Module 3: Continual service improvement process
- Module 4: Continual service improvement methods and techniques
- Module 5: Organizing for continual service improvement
- Module 6: Technology considerations
- Module 7: Implementing continual service improvement
- Module 8: Challenges, critical success factors and risks
Candidates wishing to be trained and examined for this qualification must already hold the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management which must be presented as documentary evidence to gain admission Candidates who hold the following ITIL qualifications are also eligible, and similar evidence will be required:
- Earlier ITIL (V2) Foundation plus Foundation Bridge
- ITIL Expert in IT Service Management (achieved via Service Manager or Practitioner bridging routes).
Show Schedule for: