ITILSD - ITIL Lifecycle: Service Design
The Service Design (SD) module is one of the certifications within the ITIL® Service Lifecycle work stream. It focuses on the design of IT services and covers the architectures, processes, policies and documentation that will enable you to design services that meet the needs of the organization or programme.
The design process is vital to the continued improvement and development of services within the IT lifecycle and this module will also teach you techniques required to develop, manage and integrate service design into the IT Service management process.
The course introduces the purpose, principles and processes of service design and will also teach you how to organize and implement this as part of overall service management as well as providing guidance on technology-related activities and considerations. It also demonstrates how service design relates to the other stages of the ITIL Service Lifecycle. The course covers management and control of activities and techniques that are documented in the ITIL Service Design publication, but it does not provide the full detail of each supporting process. More information about these processes can be found in the Service Offering and Agreements module from the Service Capability work stream.
Good service design can improve the alignment of IT with the overall business and user needs and the certification will illustrate the importance of designing consistent service design practices in order to achieve this. The Service Design module provides guidance on how to create and launch products and services that will meet the immediate and ongoing needs of organizations and programmes.
Candidates can expect to gain competencies in the following upon successful completion of the education and examination components related to this certification:
- Introduction to service design
- Service design principles
- Service design processes
- Service design technology-related activities
- Organizing for service design
- Technology considerations
- Implementation and improvement of service design
- Challenges, critical success factors and risks.
The main target group for the ITIL Intermediate Qualification: Service Design Certificate includes, but is not restricted to:
- Chief information officers (CIOs)
- Chief technology officers (CTOs)
- Supervisory staff
- Team leaders
- Service designers
- IT architects
- IT planners
- IT consultants
- IT audit managers
- IT security managers
- ITSM trainers involved in the ongoing management, coordination and integration of design activities within the service lifecycle
- Individuals who require a detailed understanding of the ITIL service design stage of the ITIL service lifecycle and how it may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service provision within an organization
- IT professionals working within, or about to enter, a service design environment and requiring an understanding of the concepts, processes, functions and activities involved
- Individuals who have attained the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management and wish to advance to higher level ITIL certifications
- Individuals seeking the ITIL Expert Certificate in IT Service Management for which this qualification can be one of the prerequisite modules
- Individuals seeking progress toward the ITIL Master Certificate in IT Service Management for which the ITIL Expert is a prerequisite.
- Module 1: Introduction to service design
- Module 2: Service design principles
- Module 3: Service design processes
- Module 4: Service design technology-related activities
- Module 5: Organizing for service design
- Module 6: Technology considerations
- Module 7: Implementation and improvement of service design
- Module 8: Challenges, risks and critical success factors
Candidates wishing to be trained and examined for this qualification must already hold the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management which must be presented as documentary evidence to gain admission
Candidates who hold the following ITIL qualifications are also eligible, and similar evidence will be required:
- Earlier ITIL (V2) Foundation plus Foundation Bridge
- ITIL Expert Certificate in IT Service Management (achieved via Service Manager or Practitioner bridging routes).
Show Schedule for: