CMW21G - IMS TM Performance and Tuning
Learn a methodology to improve the performance of a large-scale z/OS IMS/TM data communication system. This course explains the impact of user-specified options on IMS performance, how to determine performance bottlenecks by interpreting information from certain performance reports, and how to use the information gained to implement a plan to improve the performance of an IMS system.
- Create and implement a performance improvement plan based on the methodology presented
- Discuss the performance options available to the IMS user
- Describe the performance impact of the IMS storage pools and datasets and their interrelationships
- Interpret the information contained in performance reports
- Analyze the performance reports to determine performance bottlenecks in the IMS system
This advanced course is for experienced IMS system programmers or performance analysts responsible for the performance of a large-scale IMS DB/DC system.
- Monitoring and Tuning Overview
- IMS Structure and Major Control Blocks
- The IMS Logger and Pool Management
- IMS Communication Component
- IMS OTMA (Open Transaction Management Access) Communication Component
- z/OS Considerations for IMS
- IMS Scheduling
- IMS Program Loading Options
- IMS Program Elapsed Time
- IMS Database Buffering
You should have moderate level of knowledge of IMS/TM which can be gained through work experience or through completing the IMS System Programming: Database and Transaction Management - ILO (CMW11)
This course is not associated with any Certification.
Show Schedule for: