CM18G - IMS Transaction Manager Application Programming
Learn how to write application programs that use Data Language One (DL/I) to process terminal input and output messages in an Information Management System / Data Communications (IMS/DC) system.
- Modify an IMS batch DL/I application program to function in an IMS/DC environment: receiving a message from a terminal and sending output messages to terminals
- Handle the exception conditions that may occur using DL/I functions
- Work with Scratch Pad Areas (SPA) in an IMS-conversational program
- Understand the application program considerations in using Message Format Services (MFS) and the system service functions data structures
- IMS TM System Overview
- Message Processing Programming
- Get/Send Terminal Data
- Message Format Services (MFS)
- Create and use MFS control blocks
- IMS/TM Additional Facilities
This intermediate course is for individuals responsible for writing programs in Common Business Oriented Language (COBOL), or Programming Language One (PL/I) using DL/I to communicate with terminals in an IMS/DC system.
You should complete:
- IMS Fundamentals (CM010)
- IMS Fundamentals -Web (CMW01)
- IMS DB Application Programming (U3717)
Be able to:
- Describe the basic control flow of IMS/DC communications facilities
- Understand the DL/I components calls of a database application program
- Modify a program in COBOL PL/I to add IMS/DC functions
This course is not associated with any Certification.
Show Schedule for: