GCPGW - Getting Started with Google Workspace
If you are new to Google Workspace, this training will equip you with the skills you need to be productive in the workplace. Through a series of lectures, demonstrations, and hands-on activities, you will become proficient in the use of the following core Google Workspace applications: Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides, Google Meet and Google Chat.
- Organize your email with Gmail.
- Manage your schedule using Google Calendar.
- Organize, secure, and share files in Google Drive.
- Demonstrate the key features of Google Docs, Google Sheets and Google Slides.
- Secure, share and collaborate with others in Google Workspace.
- Schedule and manage video conferences using Google Meet.
- Use Google Chat to collaborate with others.
- Configure Google Workspace to suit your way of working.
- Solve business challenges using Google Workspace.
New Google Workspace users
The course includes presentations, demonstrations, and hands-on labs.
Module 1: Gmail
Module 2: Google Calendar
- Use the Gmail interface to compose, reply, forward, and format messages.
- Organize your messages in Gmail.
- Explain how Gmail integrates with other Google Workspace apps.
- Enable Gmail security features to protect the Gmail Inbox.
- Identify the different contact types supported by Gmail.
- Manage your personal Gmail settings.
- Identify ways to customize Gmail to improve productivity.
Module 3: Google Drive
- Explain how to navigate the Google Calendar interface.
- Create, modify, and invite guests to a Google Calendar event.
- Understand how to manage Google Calendar events.
- Use Google Calendar search.
- Describe the different types of events that are available in Google Calendar.
- Understand Google Calendar sharing options.
- Create and manage additional calendars.
- Adjust your Google Calendar settings to suit your workflow.
Module 4: Google Docs
- Explain the differences between My Drive and a Google shared drive.
- Describe the sharing options available in Google Drive.
- Navigate the Google Drive interface.
- Create and manage a Google shared drive.
- Describe shared drive permissions.
- Apply templates to work across Google Workspace applications.
- Describe how to sync files with Google Drive.
Module 5: Google Sheets
- Describe how to open Google Docs and create a new document.
- Style and format documents using Google Docs.
- Demonstrate how to enhance your Google Docs documents with images, tables, links, bookmarks and more.
- Explain Google Docs sharing options and permissions.
- Demonstrate how to track changes and manage versions in Google Docs.
- Describe how to collaborate in Google Docs using comments and action items.
- Identify the tools and options available in Google Docs.
Module 6: Google Slides
- Describe how to open Google Sheets and create a new spreadsheet.
- Describe how to add, import, sort and filter data in Google Sheets.
- Apply formatting to cells, rows, columns, and tabs in a Google Sheet.
- Perform calculations and visualize data using Google Sheets.
- Explain Google Sheets sharing options and permissions.
- Demonstrate how to track changes and manage versions in Google Sheets.
- Describe how to collaborate in Google Sheets using comments and action items.
Module 7: Google Meet and Google Chat
- Describe how to open Google Slides and start a new presentation.
- Explain the purpose of themes and layouts in Google Slides.
- Demonstrate how to add and format content in Google Slides.
- Describe how to add and edit visual objects using Google Slides.
- Demonstrate how to enhance Google Slides with slide transitions and object animations.
- Manage and organize slides in a Google Slides presentation.
- Explain Google Slides sharing options and permissions.
- Demonstrate how to track changes and manage versions in Google Slides.
- Describe how to collaborate in Google Slides using comments and action items.
- Demonstrate how to present your completed presentation to others.
- Describe the presentation tools available in Google Slides.
- Describe Google Meet and Google Chat.
- Describe options for opening, starting and joining a Google Meet video conference.
- Describe the features available in Google Meet.
- Demonstrate how to manage a Google Meet video conference.
- Streamline workflow and collaboration capabilities among virtual teams using Google Chat.
- Describe how Chat rooms can be used to organize and focus conversations.
- Describe the collaboration and productivity features available in Google Chat.
This course is not associated with any certification.
Show Schedule for: