The course includes presentations, demonstrations, and hands-on labs.
Module 1: Introduction to Google Cloud
- Identify Google Cloud services and their function.
- Choose the right Google Cloud services to create your own Cloud solution.
Module 2: Containers and Kubernetes in Google Cloud
- Create a container using Cloud Build.
- Store a container in Container Registry.
- Compare and contrast Kubernetes and GKE features.
Module 3: Kubernetes Architecture
- Conceptualize the Kubernetes architecture.
- Deploy a Kubernetes cluster using GKE.
- Deploy pods to a GKE cluster.
- View and manage Kubernetes objects.
- Conceptualize the migrate for Anthos process.
Module 4: Kubernetes Operations
- Work with the Kubectl command.
- Inspect the cluster and pods.
- View a Pod’s console output.
- Sign in to a pod interactively.
Module 5: Deployment, Jobs, and Scaling
- Create and use deployments.
- Create and run jobs and cronJobs.
- Scale clusters manually and automatically.
- Configure node and pod affinity.
- Get software into your cluster with Helm charts and Kubernetes marketplace.
Module 6: GKE Networking
- Create Services to expose applications that are running within Pods.
- Use load balancers to expose Services to external clients.
- Create Ingress resources for HTTP(S) load balancing.
- Leverage container-native load balancing to improve Pod load balancing.
- Define Kubernetes network policies to allow and block traffic to Pods.
Module 7: Persistent Data and Storage
- Use Secrets to isolate security credentials.
- Use ConfigMaps to isolate configuration artifacts.
- Push out and roll back updates to Secrets and ConfigMaps.
- Configure Persistent Storage Volumes for Kubernetes Pods.
- Use StatefulSets to ensure that claims on persistent storage volumes persist across restarts.
Module 8: Access Control and Security in Kubernetes and Kubernetes Engine
- Define IAM roles and policies for GKE.
- Define Kubernetes RBAC roles and role bindings.
- Define Kubernetes pod security policies.
Module 9: Logging and Monitoring
- Create forensic logs for systems monitoring.
- Monitor your system performance from different vantage points.
- Create probes for wellness checks on live applications.
Module 10: Using Google Cloud Managed Storage Services from Kubernetes Applications
- Understand use cases for Cloud Storage within a Kubernetes application.
- Understand use cases for Cloud SQL and Cloud Spanner within a Kubernetes application.
- Understand use cases for Datastore within a Kubernetes application.
- Understand use cases for Cloud Bigtable within a Kubernetes application.
Module 11: Logging and Monitoring
- Create a continuous delivery pipeline using Cloud Build and start it manually or automatically with a code change.
- Implement a canary deployment that hosts two versions of your application in production for release testing