Module 1: Defining the Service
- Design in this class.
- State and solution.
- Gathering requirements, SLOs, SLAs, and SLIs (key performance indicators).
Module 2: Business-logic layer design
- Microservices architecture.
- GCP 12-factor support.
- Mapping compute needs to Google Cloud Platform processing services.
- Compute system provisioning.
Module 3: Data layer design
- Classifying and characterizing data.
- Data ingest and data migration.
- Identification of storage needs and mapping to Google Cloud Platform storage systems.
Module 4: Network layer design
- Network edge configuration.
- Network configuration for data transfer within the service, including load balancing and network location.
- Network integration with other environments, including on premise and multi-cloud.
Module 5: Design for resiliency, scalability, and disaster recovery
- Failure due to loss of resources.
- Failure due to overload.
- Strategies for coping with failure.
- Business continuity and disaster recovery, including restore strategy and data lifecycle management.
- Scalable and resilient design.
Module 6: Design for security
- Google Cloud Platform security.
- Network access control and firewalls.
- Protections against denial of service.
- Resource sharing and isolation.
- Data encryption and key management.
- Identity access and auditing.
Module 7: Capacity planning and cost optimization
- Capacity planning.
Module 8: Deployment, monitoring and alerting, and incident response
- Monitoring and alerting.
- Incident response.