GCPAIN - Architecting with Google Cloud Platform: Infrastructure
This three-day instructor-led class introduces participants to the comprehensive and flexible infrastructure and platform services provided by Google Cloud Platform. Through a combination of presentations, demos, and hands-on labs, participants explore and deploy solution elements, including infrastructure components such as networks, systems and applications services. This course also covers deploying practical solutions including securely interconnecting networks, customer-supplied encryption keys, security and access management, quotas and billing, and resource monitoring.
This course teaches participants the following skills:
- Consider the entire range of Google Cloud Platform technologies in their plans.
- Learn methods to develop, implement, and deploy solutions.
- Distinguish between features of similar or related products and technologies.
- Recognize a wide variety of solution domains, use cases, and applications.
- Develop essential skills for managing and administering solutions.
- Develop knowledge of solution patterns -- methods, technologies, and designs that are used to implement security, scalability, high availability, and other desired qualities.
This class is intended for the following participants:
- Cloud Solutions Architects, DevOps Engineers.
- Individuals using Google Cloud Platform to create new solutions or to integrate existing systems, application environments, and infrastructure with the Google Cloud Platform.
Module 1: Introduction to Google Cloud Platform
Module 2: Virtual Networks
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP) Infrastructure
- Using GCP
- Lab: Console and Cloud Shell
- Demo: Projects
- Lab: Infrastructure Preview
Module 3: Virtual Machines
- Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Projects, Networks, Subnetworks, IP addresses, Routes, Firewall rules
- Subnetworks for resource management instead of physical network topology
- Lab: Virtual Networking
- Lab: Bastion Host
Module 4: Cloud IAM
- Compute Engine
- Lab: Creating Virtual Machines
- Compute options (vCPU and Memory)
- Common Compute Engine actions
- Lab: Working with Virtual Machines
Module 5: Data Storage Services
- Organizations, Roles, Members, Service accounts, Cloud IAM best practices
- Lab: Cloud IAM
Module 6: Resource Management
- Cloud Storage
- Lab: Cloud Storage
- Cloud SQL
- Lab: Cloud SQL
- Cloud Spanner, Cloud Datastore
- Lab: Cloud Datastore
- Cloud Bigtable
Module 7: Resource Monitoring
- Cloud Resource Manager, Quotas, Labels, Names, Billing
- Demo: Billing Administration
- Lab: Examining Billing Data with BigQuery
Module 8: Interconnecting Networks
- Stackdriver, Monitoring
- Lab: Resource Monitoring (Stackdriver)
- Logging, Error Reporting, Tracing, Debugging
- Lab: Error Reporting and Debugging (Stackdriver)
Module 9: Load Balancing
- Cloud Virtual Private Network (VPN)
- Lab: Virtual Private Networks (VPN)
- Cloud Router, Cloud Interconnect, External Peering, Cloud DNS
Module 10: Autoscaling
- Managed Instance Groups, HTTPS load balancing, Cross-region and content-based load balancing, SSL proxy/TCP proxy load balancing, Network load balancing
- Lab: VM Automation and Load Balancing
Module 11: Infrastructure Automation with Google Cloud Platform APIs
- Autoscaling, Policies, Configuration
- Lab: Autoscaling
Module 12: Infrastructure Automation with Deployment Manager
- Infrastructure automation, Images, Metadata, Scripts, Google Cloud API
- Lab: Google Cloud Platform API Infrastructure Automation
Module 13: Managed Services
- Deployment Manager, Configuration, Cloud Launcher
- Lab: Deployment Manager
Module 14: Application Infrastructure Services
- Cloud Dataproc, Cloud Dataflow, BigQuery, Cloud Datalab
Module 15: Application Development Services
Module 16: Containers
- Cloud Pub/Sub, API Management, Cloud Functions, Cloud Source Repositories, Specialty APIs
- Containers, Kubernetes Engine, Container Registry
- Lab: Kubernetes Load Balancing
- Kubernetes Engine, App Engine, or Containers on Compute Engine
To get the most out of this course, participants should have:
- Completion of Google Cloud Platform Fundamentals or equivalent experience
- Basic proficiency with command-line tools and Linux operating system environments
- Systems Operations experience, including deploying and managing applications, either on-premises or in a public cloud environment
This course is not associated with any Certification.
Show Schedule for: