Module 1: Google Cloud VPC Networking Fundamentals
- Recall that networks belong to projects.
- Explain the differences among default, auto, and custom networks.
- Create networks and subnets.
- Explain how IPv4 addresses are assigned to Compute Engine instances. Publish domain names using Google Cloud DNS.
- Create Compute Engine instances with IP aliases.
- Create Compute Engine instances with multiple virtual network interfaces.
Module 2: Controlling Access to VPC Networks
- Outline how IAM policies affect VPC networks.
- Control access to network resources using service accounts.
- Control access to Compute Engine instances with tag-based firewall rules.
Module 3: Sharing Networks across Projects
- Outline the overall workflow for configuring shared VPC.
- Differentiate between the IAM roles that allow network resources to be managed.
- Configure peering between unrelated VPC networks.
- Recall when to use Shared VPC and when to use VPC Network Peering.
Module 4: Load Balancing
- Recall the various load balancing services.
- Configure Layer 7 HTTP(S) load balancing. Whitelist and blacklist IP traffic with Cloud Armor. Cache content with Cloud CDN.
- Explain Layer 4 TCP or SSL proxy load balancing.
- Explain regional network load balancing.
- Configure internal load balancing.
- Recall the choices for enabling IPv6 Internet connectivity for GCP load balancers.
- Determine which GCP load balancer to use when.
Module 5: Hybrid Connectivity
- Recall the GCP interconnect and peering services available to connect your infrastructure to GCP.
- Explain Dedicated Interconnect and Partner Interconnect.
- Describe the workflow for configuring a Dedicated Interconnect.
- Build a connection over a VPN with Cloud Router.
- Determine which GCP interconnect service to use when.
- Explain Direct Peering and Partner Peering.
- Determine which GCP peering service to use when.
Module 6: Networking Pricing and Billing
- Recognize how networking features are charged for.
- Use Network Service Tiers to optimize spend.
- Determine which Network Service Tier to use when.
- Recall that labels can be used to understand networking spend.
Module 7: Network Design and Deployment
- Explain common network design patterns.
- Configure Private Google Access to allow access to certain Google Cloud services from VM instances with only internal IP addresses.
- Configure Cloud NAT to provide your instances without public IP addresses access to the internet.
- Automate the deployment of networks using Deployment Manager or Terraform.
- Launch networking solutions using Cloud Marketplace.
Module 8: Network Monitoring and Troubleshooting
- Configure uptime checks, alerting policies and charts for your network services.
- Use VPC Flow Logs to log and analyze network traffic behavior.