The word DevOps is a contraction of ‘Development’ and ‘Operations’. DevOps is a set of best practices that emphasize the collaboration and communication of IT-professionals (developers, operators, and support staff) in the lifecycle of applications and services, leading to:
· Continuous Integration: merging all developed working copies to a shared mainline several times a day
· Continuous Deployment: release continuously or as often as possible
· Continuous Feedback: seek feedback from stakeholders during all lifecycle stages
The DevOps practices covered in this certification are derived from the Three Ways:
· The First Way is to enable the work to move fast from left to right, from Development to Operations to the customer.
· The Second Way is to enable feedback to go fast from right to left, from all stakeholders back into the value stream.
· The Third Way is to enable learning by creating a high-trust culture of experimentation and risk-taking.
Moreover, the crucial subjects of security in all stages, and maintaining compliance during change are covered.
The certification has been developed in cooperation with experts in the DevOps work field.