DAPASB10 - DNA Automation using Python for Cisco APIC-EM & Cisco Spark using Node Red from IBM Bluemix v1.0
With new technologies and applications are greatly increasing nowadays in the field of Networking, python is one of the popular programming languages that is being widely used by many developers to build applications. In this training, the participants will have an opportunity to jump-start their programming skills by starting to understand the basic constructs of a program and slowly evolve themselves to build a script to automate a routine task in the enterprise.
This course demonstrates on how to create and execute a python script to make REST API call to APIC-EM and Cisco Spark to retrieve device info and device status to notify the respective engineers by creating a room in Cisco Spark and send notification. Similarly, from the authorized Spark Room, query can be initiated to retrieve the information of the device status from APIC-EM using Node Red services from IBM Bluemix Cloud Platform
After attending this course you should be able to:
- Introduction to SDN
- Understanding the architecture of SDN
- Quick overview on available SDN controllers
- Introduction to Cisco APIC-EM – Enterprise class controller
- Overview – various applications in APIC-EM
- Understand web service and REST web service
- Purpose of REST APIs
- Overview on the available APIs in APIC-EM
- How to consume REST API
- Basics of Python
- Understanding to execute sample scripts in python
- Retrieving the network device and interface status from Cisco APIC-EM.
- Creating Room in Cisco Spark and sending notification to respective personnel
- Querying about device information, status, etc from Spark Room to APIC-EM using Node Red services in IBM Bluemix Cloud Platform.
Introduction to SDN
- Network Analogies
- Overview SDN controllers
APIC-EM – Overview
- Network Automation
- Platform packing
Web Service and Rest Web Service
- Types of Web Services – REST and SOAP.
- Introduction to REST
- Request and response model.
- Consumption of a RESTful API.
- Types of response data available - JSON/XML format
Making HTTP Request
- Understanding of CRUD
- Methods - GET, POST, PUT, DELETE
Python Programming Language
- Overview of Python
- Understanding Environment
Python Scripting for APIs
- Fundamentals Python Script in APIC-EM & Spark
- Use case Python Scripts in APIC-EM & Spark
- Executing the script to see the functionality
- Verifying Output
IBM Bluemix – an overview
- Creating IBM Bluemix Trial Account
- Services and functions
Node Red from Bluemix
- Deploying Node Red service
- Creating Node Red Flow editor
- Retrieving information from Spark
- Getting device information
Pre-Sales Engineers, System Engineers, CTOs, IT Managers.
CCNA or relevant Networking knowledge is mandatory. Working knowledge or relevant conceptual knowledge in Automation, programming, IT Infrastructure Maintenance and cloud platform will be an added advantage.
All the participants should have an IBM Bluemix account. If not, should create an account at the time of the training. IBM offers trial account for Bluemix and that comes with no limitations and 30 days validity (No credit card required).
This course does not lead to any certification
Show Schedule for: