ATC-5GTRS - 5G Technologies - Radio frequencies/Satellite communications
An in-depth understanding of the wireless channel and the related impairments (multipath, fading), small-scale and large-scale propagation effects ,Understanding of the design of cellular systems, detailed discussion of Multiple Access (TDMA/CDMA/OFDM), Antenna diversity, MIMO, Wireless Channel Capacity, Computer simulations of wireless systems, Exposure to current and emerging wireless and cellular systems. (LTE, 802.11)
You don't need to have any pre-requisite qualifications to take this course, although a basic understanding of wireless and mobile communication system will be beneficial.
Overview of wireless communications and systems.
- Review of digital communications.
- Cellular systems from 1G to 3G.
- Wireless 4G systems.
- Wireless 5G systems.
Radio propagation and propagation path-loss model.
- Free-space attenuation. Multipath channel characteristics.
- Signal fading statistics.
- Path-loss models.
Fundamentals of cellular communications.
- Hexagonal cell geometry.
- Co-channel interference.
- Cellular system design.
- Sectoring using directional antennas.
Multiple access techniques.
- Frequency division multiple access (FDMA).
- Time division multiple access (TDMA).
- Code division multiple access (CDMA).
- Space division multiple access (SDMA).
- Orthogonal frequency division multiplexing (OFDM).
- Multicarrier CDMA (MC-CDMA).
- Random access methods.
Wide-area wireless networks (WANs).
- GSM — IS-136.
Long Term Evolution Technologies (LTE).
- MIMO channels.
- Space Time Codes.
- LTE Advanced.
Other Wireless systems IEEE 802.11 WLAN (WiFi).
Closing and Remarks.
Trainocate Certificate of Attendance
Show Schedule for: