This course online in a self-paced format. The course is made up of several webcast lessons and online multiple-choice assessments giving immediate feedback if you are, or about to be, working in the wireless environment and want to better understand the RF technology, its science and how it works then this course for you. This course will provide you with a thoroughly sound understanding of this fast-changing, increasingly technical area of networking.
Fundamentals of radio frequency (RF) course communications for the wireless industry. Its overall objective is to help foster a greater understanding of, and appreciation for, the technology, science and business behind modern RF (Radio Frequency) communications.
- Provide a substantive background understanding of radio frequency communications
- Break down the components of RF communications and look at each in turn
- Understand the technology and science behind each part of the communications network
- Introduce the business thinking that shape the solutions
- Know what the market supports and where it is heading
- Understand the CommScope solutions that support our partners and users in this huge global market
The technologies and theories explored here are technical in nature, so we have made every effort to make the science of radio systems more accessible for a wider audience – whether you are an engineer or simply someone who works in this industry and wants to learn more about the basics of how RF communication works, including the issues involved in the planning, deployment and maintenance of communication networks, this course is a perfect grounder.
- Cell Site Development and Construction – Solution blocks, network optimization, choosing the service company and components, setting and troubleshooting RET antennas.
- Base Station Antennas – dB, VSWR, Wavelength, Frequency and Velocity, diploes, Polarity, Antenna patterns and types, gain, Null filling, Suppression, Squint, CPR, SPR, Mechanical and Electrical downtilt, Coverage, Advanced antenna theory.
- Co-siting Solutions – Infrastructure sharing, shared feeders and multi band antenna, combiners, TMA, AISG.
- Remote Radio Heads – Evolution, Modernization, market trends, remote heads and active antenna, enabling technology.
- Transmission and Receiving Isolation Systems – Duplexers, desensitization, transmission noise, separation, choosing a duplexer, bandpass cavity and resonant frequency.
- Transmission Lines – History, skin effect, coaxial components and characteristics, impedance, power handling, capability, cable choice, testing, troubleshooting. Introducing fiber to the antenna, RRH Site Architecture, fiber and power, Heliax 3.0, interconnecting solutions for the network.
- Passive Intermodulation (PIM) Fundamentals – Intermodulation explained, PIM causes, PIM measurements and limiting the worst performing component.
- Microwave Backhaul – Spectrum and backhaul frequencies, Microwave communications path, deployment, Planning a link, radiation patterns, what does and does not meet spec. Sidelobes, protection from the elements, Adaptive modulation, improving network reliability, network capacity and managing demand, Radiation patterns, Co Polar and Cross polar, the techniques of tomorrow.
- Powering Wireless Networks – Trends, DC vs AC, power systems, batteries, generators, fuel cell technology, the ac-dc interface, rectifiers, distributing power, fuses and surge protection, monitoring, integrated power solutions.
- Control and Site Monitoring Systems – AISG, AISG compliance, controller hardware, reduced power, monitoring.
- Distributed Antenna Systems – System challenges, examples, In building DAS, DAS deployment, CommScope solutions.
- Lightning Protection – Predictions, dealing with lightening, protecting the tower, Microwave antennas, Support grounding, surge protection devices (SPDs), other forms of overvoltage protection, fuses and breakers.
This course is suitable for anyone involved in RF wireless solutions, sales, design and installation, and needs to understand better the science and technology behind the large and expanding market. It's also an excellent grounding for partners looking to move into or contract inside this market.
Trainocate Certificate of Attendance
Show Schedule for: