- MVC Architecture
- Modified MVC Architecture - Front Controller
- Need For Multiple Layers
- Layers, Frameworks and Specifications
- What is a Distributed System?
- What is Coupling?
- What is Cohesion?
- What are Cross Cutting Concerns?
- Web Layer of JEE
Introduction to Scriptlets, JSTL and EL
- Front Controller and Application Controller Patterns
- View Helper
- Composite View
- Context Object
- Intercepting Filter
- Domain Model
- DTO VO
- Service Locator
Data & Integration Layers
- JMS, JAX-WS, JAX-RS and JAXB
- JNDI, JDBC, ORM and JPA
- Data Access Object
- Service Activator
- Aspect Oriented Programming (AOP)
- Dependency Injection
What's New in Java EE 8
- Java Servlet 4.0 API with HTTP/2 support explantion and example
- Enhanced JSON support including a new JSON binding API explanation and example
- A new REST Reactive Client API explantion and example
- Asynchronous CDI Events explantion and example
- A new portable Security API explantion and example
- Server-Sent Events support (Client & Server-side) explantion and example
- Support for Java SE 8 new capabilities (e.g. Date & Time API, Streams API, annotations enhancements) explantion and example