ASTPSDM - Apply Systems Thinking in Problem Solving and Decision Making
Decision-making and problem-solving are key skills for those in management positions. Adopting a systems thinking mindset can greatly enhance decision making and problem-solving abilities through improving interrelationships and patterns of change. This course aims to equip managers with useful knowledge and skills necessary to apply Systems Thinking to achieve organisational goals and outcomes.
- Analyse a problematic situation systemically to gain insights to the root causes
- Have the confidence in presenting the causes of wicked problems using systems diagrams
- Sharpen decision-making ability with clear alertness to unintended consequences
- Develop a proactive mind-set by looking at innovative opportunities in the midst of messy situations
- Be a more influential systems thinker that everyone turns to for effective problem handling
- Analyse issues that affect the achievement of desired goals and outcomes in the macro context.
- Apply Systems Thinking approaches and processes to identify the root causes of non-achievement of desired goals and outcomes and the homeostasis of the organization.
- Use Systems Thinking tools to formulate possible solutions to resolve issues that affect the achievement of desired goals and outcomes.
- Select the most suitable solution using established criteria to resolve issues that affect the achievement of desired goals and outcomes.
- Develop an implementation plan for the chosen solution(s) to resolve issues that affect the achievement of desired goals and outcomes.
- Assess the effectiveness of the chosen solution(s) using an appropriate evaluation process.
- Recommend corrective actions to improve chosen solution(s).
- Document the process of applying Systems Thinking in problem solving and decision making using appropriate methods.
This course is suitable for executives or managers, especially those who are responsible for the operation and performance of a team. It is also useful for people in small businesses or the self-employed.
There are no prerequisites for attending this course.
Trainocate Certificate of Attendance
Show Schedule for: