Leading with Courage and Conviction
- Define leadership and how it differs from management.
- Recognize that you create a competitive edge in your organization.
- Use courage and conviction to speak up, advocate for your team, and create value for your organization.
- Identify the four domains of successful leadership.
Our Leadership Voice
- Describe the components of a compelling leadership voice.
- Discover your authentic voice as a leader and how to communicate it with conviction.
- Demonstrate when and how to adjust your voice to effectively inspire results.
- Overcome biases to your leadership voice.
- Understand the importance of role modeling and creating a feedback culture.
How to Craft a Compelling Message
- Apply a simple methodology to craft ideas quickly and powerfully.
- Communicate your desired results outcomes to different audiences.
- Explain your ideas courageously while being clear and concise.
- Describe a compelling business case that stands out to various stakeholders.
Communicating the Strategic Direction
- Define strategy from an organizational view.
- Define strategic direction and its importance to daily work.
- Identify the five key questions leaders ask regularly.
- Explain how to inspire innovation.
Communicating the Strategic Direction (Continued)
- Communicate a strategic direction with passion, courage, and conviction.
- Determine future needs using SWOT for risk analysis.
Demonstrating Value as a Leader
- Identify your strategic network and how to improve it.
- Describe organizational politics.
- Describe the four keys to successfully navigate organizational politics for your career and your teams.
- Align your team to the bottom line and know how they create value.
The Leader as Negotiator
- Determine what you can negotiate.
- Assess your dominant negotiation style and how it aligns with your leadership voice.
- Discern when another negotiation style is necessary and have the conviction to use it.
- Understand the four elements for successful negotiation.
Putting It All Together: Creating value as a Leader in your organization
- Apply all the skills, tools, and strategies covered in the program.