Few Technologies to look upon:
· Cisco SD-WAN
· Catalyst 9200
· Catalyst 9800
· 4000 series Integrated
· Huddle Spaces
· Cloud Calling
· SD-WAN Security Gain multilayer
· Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switches
There are three types of threats – Inside out, Outside in and Internal threats.
Inside out - Like spies inside your castle walls, these threats enter through the branch and wreak havoc.
Outside In - Like marauding raiders, these threats attack your castle walls, aka the edge of your network where your branch is located. Nonstop.
Internal threat - These threats happen more as a result of the lord and lady of the castle forgetting to lock the side door after a moonlit walk. Whether these are accidental or malicious, they still wear away at the castle walls.
Cisco SD WAN will Securely connect any user, any application, anywhere, with the power of the cloud. With the rise of multi-cloud applications, it is challenging with usage of traditional Wide Area Network (WAN), balancing the need to deliver good application experience, optimize cloud connectivity, and improve security posture
Cisco delivers enterprise-grade Software-Defined WAN (SD-WAN) technology to address the challenges of modern applications both today and tomorrow. With SD- WAN you can handle all these demands without ever leaving security behind.
Advantages of Cisco SD – WAN:
· 80 percent reduction in cost/Mbps for a national insurance provider.
· 5-fold improvement in Office 365 performance for a healthcare company.
· Public cloud migration completed in one week (estimated 12 months) for a large tech company.
· 100 percent application uptime during hurricane blackouts for a national food distributor.
· 4-fold improvement in application latency for a healthcare provider.
· 12-fold improvement in change control time for a 3000-site bank. $20 million reduction in Operating Expenses (OpEx) over three years for a retailer.
· M&A integration within 2 weeks for a Fortune 50 healthcare provider.
· Guest wireless deployment at more than 1000 stores for a retailer.
Cisco Catalyst 9200 Switch Series
Cisco Catalyst 9200 Series switches extend the power of intent-based networking and Catalyst 9000 hardware and software innovation to a broader set of deployments . Cisco catalyst 9200 switch series are the best of breed which features highly secure and always on, and it provides IT simplicity, resulting in a great experience every time.
The reasons to upgrade to catalyst 9200 Switches:
· Faster core, faster access – these switches are twice as fast and has twice capacity of the traditional switches.
· Secure everywhere – Integrated security reduces attack surfaces and helps to detect and cease threats
· Centralized management – SD Acess and WebUI help close IT skills gaps created by cloud, virtualization and automation technologies.
Cisco services for switching · Advisory
Cisco Catalyst 9800 Switch Wireless Controllers
Catalyst 9800 Series wireless controllers combine the best of RF excellence with IOS XE benefits. These controllers are most reliable and highly secure controllers, ready to deploy anywhere including cloud of your choice. They are compatible with the new Catalyst 9100 Series access points that support Wi-Fi 6.
The reasons to upgrade to catalyst 9800 wireless controllers:
· Wireless Assurance - With Cisco DNA Assurance, Catalyst 9800 wireless controllers help provide deep visibility and insights into the wireless network
· Centralized Management - Cisco DNA Centre provides centralized management for not only the Catalyst 9800 wireless controllers but all Cisco DNA-ready wired and wireless solutions from Cisco
· Comprehensive Security - Catalyst 9800 Series wireless controllers are the first line of defence with features such as Encrypted Traffic Analytics and secure segmentation with Cisco Software-Defined Access.
Cisco 4000 Series Integrated Services Routers
The Cisco 4000 Series Integrated Services Routers (ISR) include a revolutionary converged branch platform with industry-leading network, compute, and WAN services. These routers can seamlessly extend cloud services across remote sites, and help you accelerate the digitization of your business. Use the 4000 Series to effectively transition to a hybrid WAN architecture.
What do the Cisco 4000 series offer ?
· High-quality user experience
During peak loads, the multi-core CPU architecture running Cisco IOS-XE can enable resiliency by using separate control and data services planes.
· Faster response to business and user needs
New pay-as-grow performance a service allows IT increase throughput and expand across a rich portfolio of on-demand network and application services with no truck rolls
· A wide range of connectivity options
ISR 4000 supports integrated Gigabit Ethernet, T1/E1, T3/E3, PRI, xDSL, and more
· Unified communications
Get comprehensive edge support for session border control, branch telephony survivability, TDM gateways, and more.
The 4000 Series advantages :
· Operations and management
Get IT automation for configuration, monitoring, and management through the Cisco Application Policy Infrastructure Controller (APIC) Enterprise Module and an open ecosystem of partners.
· Branch infrastructure
Reduce branch footprint and power consumption with an all-in-one platform that brings together network, compute, and storage. Customers can choose optional integrated compute and storage with Cisco UCS E-Series Servers for hosting applications and services.
· Meeting unplanned business requirements
Deploying 4000 Series ISRs allows you to expand and pay for products only as your needs grow. Customers can standardize on a single platform and add services and capacity without disruptions or truck rolls.
Huddle space is a room in an organization which accommodates meetings for small number of people. These change the dynamics of work environment since lot of organization prefer informal work spaces to connect to the fellow workers and drive the work forward. Huddle spaces are small open areas or rooms, often used by two to five people locally for ad hoc meetings. When equipped with audio, video, and display system technology, these spaces have the flexibility to easily include remote team members. Teams can collaborate on projects, including content creation, brainstorming, and more.
The growth of open space floor plans has increased the need for more smaller spaces and touchdown areas where small teams can quickly come together for focused work.
Different types of huddle spaces:
· Huddle Spaces for Communication - Webex Room Kit Mini is a video-conferencing solution is the technology tailor made to outfit and manage numerous huddle spaces with the intelligent collaborative tools typical of larger room systems with lower TCO than competitors. Room kit Mini is the powerful solution for 2-5 people in the room with limited spaces which has 120-degree field of view and many AI capabilities.
· Huddle Space for co-creation and white boarding – For rich collaboration, connecting physical and virtual meeting rooms through Cisco webex teams to facilitate continuous work flow before and after the actual meeting, Webex Board 55 is a touch-based, 3-in-1 collaboration device that combines wireless presentation, digital whiteboarding, and video conferencing
· Huddle Space for Wireless Sharing – Webex Share is a simple wireless device which connects any device and transforms it to a presentation screen. It automatically pairs when plugged into the device and walked into the Huddle Space.
Webex Calling is a cloud-based phone system optimized for midsize businesses. It has essential business calling capabilities you are likely to need. The system helps eliminate the expense and complexity of managing and securing an on-site phone system. We keep the Webex Cloud always on and always up to date so you can focus on your business.
What does Cisco webex calling do?
· Comprehensive PBX features - Welcome callers with a virtual receptionist and personalized voice mailboxes. Make calls with extension numbers, direct inward dialling (DID) numbers, directory URIs (email-style addresses), or directory-based dialling
· Enhanced experience for Mobile devices - Use the Webex Calling or Webex Teams app on your desktop and mobile devices to be more productive, from anywhere.
· A phased approach to cloud migration - Cisco Webex Calling offers synchronized directory and dial plans for mixed cloud and on-premises networks.
· Easy cloud phone system management - Webex Calling is intuitive to provision, manage, and set up. The Webex Control Hub has a simple interface for IT and a self-care portal so users can handle basic settings and preferences
Types of Webex calling teams?
· Cloud calling in all shapes and sizes - Cloud calling is a secure, scalable way to serve your business communication needs.
· Cloud calling Apps - Experience the simplicity and ease of a cloud calling experience that will transform your organization.
· Webex is safe simple and secure - Protect your business from threats with encrypted phone registration, activation, call signalling, voicemail, audio, and video streams.
SD - WAN Security Gain Multilayer
Benefits of SD – WAN Security Gain Multilayer benefits:
· Cisco SD-WAN onRamp can optimize the SaaS applications that you and your stakeholders use in day-to-day operations.
· Cisco SD-WAN onRamp gives you enhanced, automated connectivity to IaaS and PaaS cloud environments without forcing you into existing multitenant gateways or a time-consuming manual process.
· Cisco SD-WAN onRamp brings your applications closer to customers securely, adjusting your IPsec route as needed to help ensure service delivery and performance while monitoring the hosting infrastructure for anomalies.
· Cisco SD-WAN offers instant visibility into cloud traffic, control over deployment, and the convenience of automated management.
· Cisco SD-WAN onRamp automatically selects the fastest, most reliable path to SaaS applications for your users, engaging in real-time steering no matter where they are located
· In the event of Layer-3 service interruptions beyond your control, Cisco SD-WAN onRamp will adjust as necessary, helping to ensure continuous uptime for stakeholders.
Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switches
Nexus 9000 Series delivers proven high performance and density, low latency, and exceptional power efficiency in a range of form factors. The switches are highly programmable and industry leading SDN for data centre automation.
3 reasons to make the cisco Nexus 9000 Series switches:
· Scalable Performance - Multispeed ports (1/10/25/40/50/100 Gbps) and line-rate encryption that scale without sacrificing performance. Think investment protection. Think scale.
· Security and real time visibility – The Cisco Nexus 9000 series has built in support for Cisco Tetration Analytics and Cisco Nexus Data Broker – giving you real time visibility into application performance and enhanced security.
· Improved ROI through faster deployment and streamlined management - Data Center Network Manager (DCNM). Automatically provision the Cisco Nexus 9000 Series and configure switch fabric tools with Virtual Machine Manager (VMM) for fast deployment.
Top five reasons that the Cisco Nexus 9000 Series is the right choice:
· Cloud Scale Technology
· Open and Extensible Programmability
· Full Stack Automation and Security
· Real Time Analytics and Deep Telemetry
· Advanced Centralized Management
Cisco 9000 Series switches are one of the components of the Cisco ASAP data Centre both well suited for the traditional and fully automated software defined data centre deployments. The Cisco Nexus 9000 Series provides multiyear, sustained differentiation between Cisco and point-product network providers and providers of proprietary, single-vendor public clouds, supporting greater performance and enhanced operations through features including intelligent services, programmability, automation, analytics, and manageability
Cisco is constantly creating milestones in the networking and is always providing various possibilities within your enterprise. It enhances networking performance and security, improving cloud capabilities, developing more collaborative work places.