AMPETW - Cisco FireAMP for Endpoints Technical Workshop v1.0 (AMPETW)
- Who Should Attend
Course Duration: 3 Days
This workshop will help the participants to acquire conceptual and practical knowledge of the malware threat, outbreak control, deployment preparation, configuration of exclusions, detection and quarantine events, and threat root cause. The participants will be given the opportunity to experience the powerful features of Cisco’s Advanced Malware Protection (FireAMP) technology all the way from deployment, management, troubleshooting, and event analysis.
Gain the skills and understanding of the hardware functionality, software installation, and overall systems architecture needed to build and manage a FireAMP deployment, create policies for endpoint groups, and deploy and troubleshoot FireAMP connectors while exploring the intricacies of analyzing malware detections using tools available in the FireAMP console.
This course is designed for security administrators, security consultants, and network administrators who need to know how to deploy and manage Cisco FireAMP software in their network environments.
This course is part of the following Certifications:
Before taking this course, you should have the following:
- Technical understanding of TCP/IP networking and network architecture
- Basic familiarity with the concepts of malware detection
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Describe FireAMP technology and its place in securing your network
- Understand the role of the Sourcefire cloud in the FireAMP infrastructure with both public and private cloud deployments
- Configure FireAMP outbreak control features, policies, and groups
- Deploy FireAMP windows connectors according to best practices
- Troubleshoot the most common FireAMP connector and communication issues
- Understand how to use the FireAMP console to filter events and perform both file trajectory and device trajectory analysis
Module 1: Sourcefire FireAMP Overview and Architecture
Module 2: Console Interface and Navigation
Module 3: Outbreak Control
Module 4: Endpoint Policies
Module 5: Groups and Deployment
Module 6: Analysis
Module 7: Accounts