MSPQS - Maintaining Cisco Service Provider Quality of Service (MSPQS)
- Who Should Attend
Course Duration: 5 days
MSPQS - Maintaining Cisco Service Provider Quality of Service - The Maintaining Service Provider Quality of Service (MSPQS) course is a three-day instructor-led training (ILT) course designed to provide learners with the knowledge needed to provide support in a serviceprovider environment using quality-of-service (QoS) mechanisms. The course focuses on the QoS mechanisms, how they are implemented using Cisco IOS® Software and Cisco IOS XR Software, and how to perform monitoring and troubleshooting of QoS in service provider environments. The course is also intended to help prepare students for the CCNP SP Operations certification exam.
Who Should Attend
- Support staff
- Service provider network operations center (NOC) personnel
- Service provider engineers
- Service provider partners
This course is part of the following Certifications:
- IP Networking skills and experience using Cisco IOS® Software commandline interface (CLI).
- Operations process knowledge and ability to use NMS tools to monitor networks and network devices.
- Ability to implement service provider change management procedures and configuration management procedures.
- Understanding of and ability to identify the critical factors for availability, scalability and manageability of Open Shortest Path First (OSPF), Intermediate System-to-Intermediate System (IS-IS), and Border Gateway Protocol.
- Ability to implement Cisco IOS Software and Cisco IOS XR Software configuration and monitoring commands.
- UNIX and/or Linux operating system experience as applied to IP network environments.
- Identify the typical QoS requirements in service provider networks and list solutions and describe the change, performance, and fault management procedures for QoS.
- Perform changes in the configuration of QoS based on designs and implementation templates as well as ITIL®-based change management processes and procedures.
- Gather and interpret performance statistics for QoS mechanisms using various tools such as show commands and Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)-based monitoring tools.
- Perform fault management for QoS mechanisms using various tools such as show commands and SNMP-based monitoring tools.
Module 1: Service Provider QoS Operation Processes
- 1.1 Service Provider QoS Overview
- 1.2 Service Provider Routing Operation Processes Based on ITIL®
Module 2: Change Management for QoS
- 2.1 Implementing QoS Mechanisms in Service Provider Networks
- 2.2 Adding Core and Edge Routers or Core and Edge Links and Implementing QoS
- 2.3 Analyze Lab Scenario
Module 3: Performance Management for QoS
- 3.1 Monitor QoS Performance in the Core and Edge
- 3.2 Analyze Lab Scenario
Module 4: Fault Management for QoS
- 4.1 Troubleshoot QoS in the Edge and Core
- 4.2 Analyze Lab Scenario Lab Outline
Course ID: MSPQS
3 Days Course
Show Schedule for 1 Month 3 Months All