MSPVM - Maintaining Cisco Service Provider VPNs and MPLS Networks (MSPVM)
- Who Should Attend
Course Duration: 5 days
MSPVM - Maintaining Cisco Service Provider VPNs and MPLS Networks - The Maintaining Service Provider VPNs and MPLS Networks (MSPVM) course is a five day instructor-led training (ILT) course designed to course provides learners with the knowledge needed to provide support in a service-provider environment using Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS). It provides learners with understanding of MPLS and the associated technologies used in service provider environments, and it provides them with the guidelines on how to monitor and troubleshoot these technologies. The course is also intended to help prepare students for the CCNP SP Operations certification exam.
Who Should Attend
- Support staff
- Service provider network operations center (NOC) personnel
- Service provider engineers
- Service provider partners
This course is part of the following Certifications:
- IP Networking skills and experience using Cisco IOS® Software commandline interface (CLI).
- Operations process knowledge and ability to use NMS tools to monitor networks and network devices. Ability to implement service provider change management procedures and configuration management procedures.
- Understanding of and ability to identify the critical factors for availability, scalability and manageability of Open Shortest Path First (OSPF), Intermediate System-to-Intermediate System (IS-IS), and Border Gateway Protocol.
- Ability to implement Cisco IOS Software and Cisco IOS XR Software configuration and monitoring commands.
- UNIX and/or Linux operating system experience as applied to IP network environments.
- Identify the typical MPLS and MPLS VPN requirements in service provider networks and list the solutions and describe the change, performance, and fault management procedures for MPLS and MPLS VPNs.
- Perform changes in the routing configuration based on designs and implementation templates as well as ITIL®-based change management processes and procedures.
- Gather and interpret performance statistics for MPLS and MPLS VPNs using various tools such as show commands and SNMP-based monitoring tools.
- Perform fault management for MPLS and MPLS VPNs using various tools such as show commands and SNMP-based monitoring tools.
Module 1: Service Provider VPN Operation Processes
- 1.1 Service Provider MPLS and MPLS VPN Overview
- 1.2 Service Provider Routing Operation Processes Based on ITIL®
Module 2: Change Management for MPLS and MPLS VPNs
- 2.1 MPLS, MPLS VPN, and MPLS Traffic Engineering Requirements
- 2.2 Adding MPLS-Enabled Routers to SP Network
- 2.3 Analyze Lab Scenario
- 2.4 Adding Layer 3 MPLS VPN Customers
- 2.5 Analyze Lab Scenario
- 2.6 Adding Layer 2 MPLS VPN Customers
- 2.7 Analyze Lab Scenario
Module 3: Performance Management for MPLS and MPLS VPNs
- 3.1 Audit MPLS-Related Control Protocols
- 3.2 Monitor MPLS Performance
- 3.3 Analyze Lab Scenario
- 3.4 Improve Availability and Resource Utilization Using MPLS Traffic Engineering Tunnels
- 3.5 Analyze Lab Scenario
Module 4: Fault Management for MPLS and MPLS VPNs
- 4.1 Troubleshoot Core MPLS Issues
- 4.2 Analyze Lab Scenario
- 4.3 Troubleshoot Layer 3 MPLS VPN Customer Connectivity Issues
- 4.4 Analyze Lab Scenario
- 4.5 Analyze Lab Scenario Lab Outline
Course ID: MSPVM
5 Days Course
Show Schedule for 1 Month 3 Months All